Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions About Gigging in Europe

• 18-11-2013 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm going to be playing a few gigs in Europe next year (South of France) and I was just wondering if anyone on here could answer a couple of quick questions.

The the main question is to do with foreign entertainers, tax and getting paid. As a resident of Dublin, Ireland is there anything I need to provide in order to get paid properly and without fuss? Would a name, address, bank account and pps number be all I'd ever need? Or would I require some kind of business or special tax number?

As far as I've been able to find out so far venues and promoters should simply hand me a form that basically states that I'm a foreign touring entertainer, I sign that and that sorts it all out. However I'd rather be sure in order to avoid any fuss over payments when I'm over there.

And that's it really; what exactly do I need to provide to venues/promoters in order to get paid for gigging legally and legitimately when in Europe?

Other than that if anyone has any other advice or warnings regarding playing in Europe, and France in particular, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance, all the best!

Rohan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Who have you agreed the gigs with? Surely whatever has been discussed should be in writing and signed. Or are you also planning to get some other unscheduled gigs when you are out there?

If you are a member, I'd give IMRO a call. They collect performance royalties for foreign tours so quite like likely be able to offer some advice on standard practice abroad.

Advertisement