Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda BikeSafe initiative, North East region

• 18-11-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭

Sergeant Nigel O’Neill, Ardee Garda Station, is currently seeking expressions of interest from riders with a view to establishing a BikeSafe initiative in the North East region.

He's aiming to get the ball rolling on this by Christmas with a view to starting the assessments in the new year. If you’re interested in taking part, please e-mail louthbikesafe@gmail.com with your name and contact details.

BikeSafe is a free unbiased assessment of your abilities on two wheels and if you haven't done it yet you owe it to yourself to give it a go. Even if you have, and it's been a while, here's an opportunity to polish up the skills :-)

More on the MAG Ireland web site here.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Done it already and passed, going to do it again for a brush up....Many Thanx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Just bumping this for those who only check in the odd time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

They're back running it all over the country, but making a balls of advertising it. It's also being run in most of Leinster, or Nationally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

infacteh wrote: »
    They're back running it all over the country, but making a balls of advertising it. It's also being run in most of Leinster, or Nationally

Im assuming the email on the poster should be easterregion.traffic@garda.ie

Even on the other link to the garda website, the link to download the application form doest work....

goodlad wrote: »
    Im assuming the email on the poster should be easterregion.traffic@garda.ie

Correct. Not exactly a PR machine......

• Advertisement

Correct. Not exactly a PR machine......

ha! Sure its cool. I just wonder how many people dont cop it.
    Shame the link of the site doesnt work to download the form. No bother though, i will ask a mate if he can ask in his station about getting me a form.

goodlad wrote: »
    ha! Sure its cool. I just wonder how many people dont cop it.
    Shame the link of the site doesnt work to download the form. No bother though, i will ask a mate if he can ask in his station about getting me a form.

If you're in Dublin, contact Dublin Castle

DMR Traffic Division
    Dublin Castle
    Dublin 2
    Tel:- 01-6669800

E-mail: traffic_DS@garda.ie

Someone there will re-direct you to the relevant crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

If you're in Dublin, contact Dublin Castle

DMR Traffic Division
    Dublin Castle
    Dublin 2
    Tel:- 01-6669800

E-mail: traffic_DS@garda.ie

Someone there will re-direct you to the relevant crowd

I sent them a few emails earlier in the year and never heard back.

I've sent a mail to the eastern region account, hopefully they'll get one going in wicklow.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I sent them a few emails earlier in the year and never heard back.

I've sent a mail to the eastern region account, hopefully they'll get one going in wicklow.

Yeah, they cover Wicklow, they should hook you up!

I got a reply today:

"Hello Gary

Sgt Pat Dowd Traffic Unit Dunshaughlin is the Co-Ordinator for this initiative. He is out of the office until Thursday 28th November and he will contact you on his return and make arrangements.

Tom Mullarkey
    Regional Traffic
    Superintendent"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I got the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭p_mac

Hi guys,

I spoke to Sgt Nigel O Neill, Ardee Garda station on Sunday morning gone there... He explained that he's had a lot of interest in this so far and was delighted to hear it was a topic of discussion here on boards, and is hoping to get plenty more names as a result!

The more interest that's generated the more hope these guys have of resurrecting the bike safe initiative, something we as bikers can all benefit from! He also explained that people can continue to express interest via e-mail to louthbikesafe@gmail.com or by contacting/leaving a message for him at Ardee Garda station 041 - 6853222.

Cheers :)

I got my email back. And was booked in and course is starting early January so it says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Got a mail on this the other night, running on the 22nd February from Drogheda Garda Station. Can't make this one myself but hopefully I'll be able to do another one later in the year|

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Got a mail on this the other night, running on the 22nd February from Drogheda Garda Station. Can't make this one myself but hopefully I'll be able to do another one later in the year|

I never got a confirmation date for mine in January!!! Must give them a bell....:rolleyes:

Advertisement