Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit Enquiry

Options
  • 18-11-2013 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice/guidance here.

I signed up to do a fetac level 5 massage course in August. The cost of the course was 700e and I sent a deposit of 200e in the post (bank draft). Which the college received. The course was due to start on October 4th. I then got an email to say it would be starting on October 12th. At the end of October I got an email saying she didnt have enough candidates to go ahead and she hoped she would be able to start the course in November.

November came and I heard nothing so I emailed the lady and asked if the course wasn't going ahead would I be able to get my deposit back. No answer. I emailed her twice more between then and now and still no answer.

Am I entitled to get my deposit back since what I signed up for has not happened? Whats the best way to approach this matter? I really dont want to sound rude I just need my deposit back because I am broke!

I appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

registered letter requesting refund, stating a fixed timeframe, after which you will initiate a claim via SCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 smash17

Thanks the groutch, ill try that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Where was the course taking place? if in VEC property you could also contact the VEC and inform them of your difficulty and they may be able to put pressure on the course organiser.

Advertisement