Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom charged me for calls, despite me being on Talk Anytime!

Options
  • 18-11-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I just received my final bill from eircom and I have been charged for voice calls that were included in my bundle.

I have also been charged VAT on the early release charge!
    Is this legal?

This seems very underhanded and I'm appalled that eircom would stoop so low, just to grab a few extra Euro as I leave them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I just received my final bill from eircom and I have been charged for voice calls that were included in my bundle.

Is this legal?

This seems very underhanded and I'm appalled that eircom would stoop so low, just to grab a few extra Euro as I leave them.
    Hi Neil_Sedaka

I've had confirmation from the accounts team that your package is not reflected on your final bill which results in calls being individually charged.
    Accounts have also advised that should you have any issues with the vat calculation please contact them on free phone 1901.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Is this legal?

Hi Neil_Sedaka

I've had confirmation from the accounts team that your package is not reflected on your final bill which results in calls being individually charged.
    Accounts have also advised that should you have any issues with the vat calculation please contact them on free phone 1901.

Thanks

Al
    Why is my package not reflected on my final bill? I was never informed of this.
    eircom and I were in a contract at the time of the calls, they were made within my 30 days cancellation period!

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Is this legal?

Hi Neil_Sedaka

Thanks

Al
    eircom and I were in a contract at the time of the calls, they were made within my 30 days cancellation period!

Thank you.

Hi Neil_Sedaka

I've looked into this further and I've been advised by accounts that this is the case due to packages being charged one month in advance. For example if the package was charged in advance for one month but the account is cease within the fifth day of that particular month it would not be fair to charge for the full cost of the package. Considering this the procedure is to charge separately for rental and calls.

I understand there may not be a benefit to all customers however if you would like to PM me your account details I'll look into whether I can offer you a credit for the calls made if the costs have went over what the package would have cost.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

PM sent Alan.

Thank you.

Is this legal?

Hi Neil_Sedaka

Thanks

Al

Thank you.

Hi Neil_Sedaka

I've looked into this further and I've been advised by accounts that this is the case due to packages being charged one month in advance. For example if the package was charged in advance for one month but the account is cease within the fifth day of that particular month it would not be fair to charge for the full cost of the package. Considering this the procedure is to charge separately for rental and calls.

I understand there may not be a benefit to all customers however if you would like to PM me your account details I'll look into whether I can offer you a credit for the calls made if the costs have went over what the package would have cost.

Thanks

Al

PM sent Alan.

Thank you.

Is this legal?

Hi Neil_Sedaka

Thanks

Al

Thank you.

Hi Neil_Sedaka

Thanks

Al
    Hi Neil_Sedaka

I've replied to your PM just now.

let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement