Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non illegitimi carborundum

• 18-11-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

A colleague of mine has this mock latin phrase which supposedly means 'don't let the bastards grind you down' on a poster near his desk.

I'm wanting help in coming up with a phrase as gaeilge which could be translated in the same way.
    I've tried online translators and they come up either with nothing or something lame like 'na lig na bastards grind tu sios'.

Go raibh maith agat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mise23

I came up with 'Na lig na thoin bru sios ort' (apologies for the lack of fadas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Ná bí faoi chian ag lucht na hainnise.

Beaguchtach or lagmhisniúil could be used instead of 'faoi chian'.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭An Sionnach Glic

mise23 wrote: »
    A colleague of mine has this mock latin phrase which supposedly means 'don't let the bastards grind you down' on a poster near his desk.

I'm wanting help in coming up with a phrase as gaeilge which could be translated in the same way.

Go raibh maith agat.

Bíodh an diabhal ag lucht an doichill.

Advertisement