Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Scalpers - Xbox One Edition - Please read guidelines and rules in post 1

• 18-11-2013 11:59am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    As we come towards Christmas, Santa and parents around Ireland are being told that a Playstation 4 or an Xbox One would be the best Christmas present ever.

This of course is no good to parents or Santa - they didn't know that this present was on the list and now they have to resort to eBay or adverts where people are asking for 700 euro for a PS4!!!

The premise of this thread is simple...we are going to beat the scalpers...if you know where you can get an Xbox One, either online or in a brick and mortar store, post the details here.

Three rules:
    1) No off-topic posts. Only post details of where you know the console is available

2) DO NOT post a link to a personal ad for an XBOX One unless you are selling it for cost price and not a cent more. If you do so, I will ban you from the Xbox forum. If you have a console or a unneeded preorder receipt, you may post a link to that ad. Again, any attempt to profiteer will result in a ban. No exceptions.

3) Please post in the following format (e.g)

Store: Argos
    Comments: They'll have a batch of Xbox One's for sale on release morning but get there quick.

Thanks all!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hello all,
    As we come towards Christmas, Santa and parents around Ireland are being told that a Playstation 4 or an Xbox One would be the best Christmas present ever.

This of course is no good to parents or Santa - they didn't know that this present was on the list and now they have to resort to eBay or adverts where people are asking for 700 euro for a PS4!!!

The premise of this thread is simple...we are going to beat the scalpers...if you know where you can get an Xbox One, either online or in a brick and mortar store, post the details here.

Three rules:
    1) No off-topic posts. Only post details of where you know the console is available

2) DO NOT post a link to a personal ad for an XBOX One unless you are selling it for cost price and not a cent more. If you do so, I will ban you from the Xbox forum. If you have a console or a unneeded preorder receipt, you may post a link to that ad. Again, any attempt to profiteer will result in a ban. No exceptions.
    Great idea futureguy...

Ok ill kick off. Tesco extra stores will apparently have 10 - 15 xbox ones in stock per store but be warned que early lads as lots are trying to use this way to get a console

EDITED: (I added format)

Store: Tesco Extra
    Comments: Tesco extra stores will apparently have 10 - 15 xbox ones in stock per store but be warned que early lads as lots are trying to use this way to get a console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Harvey Norman, Argos and Tesco will all have consoles available for those without pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Harvey Norman, Argos and Tesco will all have consoles available for those without pre-orders.

Harvey Norman? I was talking to a store manager and he said they stopped taking day one orders in August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was in the Nutgrove one on Saturday and talking to a guy who worked there who insisted they'd have them to buy at launch. Could have just been talking out his arse but he seemed pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

Hello all,

Three rules:

Comments: They'll have a batch of Xbox One's for sale on release morning but get there quick.

Thanks all!!!

I ****ing hate scalpers, so i make this clear - i will sell my extra xb1 to anyone here for the face value of the unit confirmed to be in my hand 5th DEC Blackpool cork area. I realise its not launch day but i cannot bring myself to sell for XXXX euros as i have always hated that **** and do not intend on doing it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Gamestop said if you order the xbox one now they will have delivery around 12 Dec

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

BLissIRL wrote: »
    I ****ing hate scalpers, so i make this clear - i will sell my extra xb1 to anyone here for the face value of the unit confirmed to be in my hand 5th DEC Blackpool cork area. I realise its not launch day but i cannot bring myself to sell for XXXX euros as i have always hated that **** and do not intend on doing it myself.

Fair play. Please post the adverts.ie link when you have posted the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

If anyone has a pre-order that they can't collect or whatever i'd gladly take it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

If anyone has a pre-order that they can't collect or whatever I would happily take it based in Wexford Town but would pay via Paypal and cover postage costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hello all,

Three rules:

Comments: They'll have a batch of Xbox One's for sale on release morning but get there quick.[/COLOR]

Thanks all!!!

Don't rely on the people on the front desk about that or even the managers as they don't really care about it, best of asking someone whos in the stock room,on delivery or the stock team leader/manager

Better for me to post here on updates from argos rather then separate threads :)

Comments: release day for xbox one is set for the 9th of December for stores in the Dublin area, although as I previously stated this could be a glitch or just someone updated the wrong information, either way its all coming from england as Argos in Ireland get all stock shipped from England and then its allocated at different warehouses to go to different stores
    So if anyone is looking for an xbox one, be sure to head into any argos store in the country on the 22nd(even check online on the 21st for reservations) just to be sure as I believe myself they will come in this friday if not it could be any date from the 22nd to the 9th December
    But too be honest dates for delivery are rarely ever wrong but I hope they are this time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just to let everyone know I prebooked my Xbox one in xtravision today. I've been promised I can collect in-store on the 6th of December. I was shocked. I thought it'd be January before I got one after leaving it so late :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Not trolling this is a genuine post, people on amazon are reporting they had fresh xbox one orders ordered tonight dispatch tonight.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TheHut/forum/Fx210G6AOJ5TAZ5/Tx3TI0BK8YHELJN/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00BE4OUBG

The hut is here

http://www.thehut.com/xbox-one-console/xbox-one-console-new-xbox/10807959.html

Might be worth a go. This hasnt hit HUKD yet so may be worth a go., I know its slightly more expensive but for those who havent pre ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Rafloution wrote: »
    Not trolling this is a genuine post, people on amazon are reporting they had fresh xbox one orders ordered tonight dispatch tonight.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TheHut/forum/Fx210G6AOJ5TAZ5/Tx3TI0BK8YHELJN/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00BE4OUBG

The hut is here

http://www.thehut.com/xbox-one-console/xbox-one-console-new-xbox/10807959.html

Might be worth a go. This hasnt hit HUKD yet so may be worth a go., I know its slightly more expensive but for those who havent pre ordered.

Delivery is 13th of December.

Would rather go to Argos on the day to be honest.

Cheers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Rafloution wrote: »

I ordered back in August and my status still says not yet dispatched and estimated delivery date is the 22nd. Why do they ship UK orders before international orders when it takes longer for the latter. The UK gets next day delivery and we get 2 day at best.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Anyone know of definite places in Limerick that will have some on Friday without a pre-order? Working until 6 on Friday as well so no chance of trying places during the day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

shopto have just processed my day one order Happy f#@kin dayz. So that other one dec 5th is up for grabs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

Turns out preorders can't be transferred to a different name under any circumstances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone in gamestop Galway got one they are not collecting?

Also tesco Galway confirmed 10 for launch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Has anybody been on to a Tesco Extra in Dublin? Clearwater or Clarehall?

I'm wondering if I drive up at 5.30am will they have enough for their 6am opening...

Played the Xbox One at the event in the Ambassador, impressed with COD Ghosts but the console is definitely a work in progress, as is the PS4, and as was the 360 and PS3 on release...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Did anyone try power city? That's where I got my launch 360

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    Did anyone try power city? That's where I got my launch 360

Don't think they do consoles anymore.. Just looking at their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Why didn't I pre-order one. I really want one but think it's just because of the hype. I'm in England at moment so I might be able to get one from John Lewis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Not a lot of options at this stage it seems. I wonder how many have pre-ordered and then don't have the money to complete the purchase? How long does a shop wait before passing it on down the list?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

Not a lot of options at this stage it seems. I wonder how many have pre-ordered and then don't have the money to complete the purchase? How long does a shop wait before passing it on down the list?

48 Hours generally.

Tesco Clearwater are getting 8 consoles and releasing them at 8am, not 6am, which is when the store opens.

Seems a bit weird, once there are 8 ppl in the queue, just release them.

Rules me out as have work at 8am :mad:

Tesco Clarehall don't have any information and no answer from Tesco Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Tesco Clearwater are getting 8 consoles and releasing them at 8am, not 6am, which is when the store opens.

Seems a bit weird, once there are 8 ppl in the queue, just release them.

Rules me out as have work at 8am :mad:

Tesco Clarehall don't have any information and no answer from Tesco Dundrum.

Same in other branches. Naas have 10 and will only sell them at 8am tomorrow even though it is a 24 hour shop?? Around the Naas area you have Xtravision at midnight, Gamestop at midnight, Smyths at midnight, xtravision at midnight. Argos at 9:30am and Tesco at 8:00am (both first come first served). I called argos and they said they can't say if they will have any at opening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Has anyone managed to book the console in argos this morning?

Just checked there to see all versions are out of stock already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to book the console in argos this morning?

Just checked there to see all versions are out of stock already

Looks like the staff beat joe public to all their stock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Just had a look myself there, same story. Was wondering then if the stock didnt go live until opening time? (Longshot...) So much for all the times I was going to preorder but put it off, then thought "sure I'll wait until its in the shops" only to now find myself slightly caught in the hype :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Likewise :pac:
    Once this day passes Ill be back to not caring again :pac:

Advertisement