Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Scalpers - Xbox One Edition - Please read guidelines and rules in post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Lamposts wrote: »
    Anyone order an xbox one from Gamestop on the 27th of Nov and hear anything from them? I doubt they'd deliver it tmrw right? As in I'd get a couple of days notice about it being delivered as I'll be in work tmrw init.

Ordered one on the 1st of December fifa bundle no contact from they yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Back in on argos...Console on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Back in on argos...Console on its own

9 available now in different parts of the country: http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=122%2F6027

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

DaLad wrote: »
    Sure there prices are expensive but they give a good price to the people they're buying from. For Example they were giving €575 cash for the Xbox One up until last week. It's €500 cash now.

I've never bought from CEX, their prices are a bit too high - but they have definitely been the best by far, for me anyway, when trading stuff in. Give much more in cash than others do in store credit usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote: »
    I've never bought from CEX, their prices are a bit too high - but they have definitely been the best by far, for me anyway, when trading stuff in. Give much more in cash than others do in store credit usually.

Yup me too. Got €41 cash for Dead Rising 3 when Gamestop were only offering me €30 trade in credit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Got an email from Gamestop saying my order has been shipped.. no tracking code or anything? anyone know if it'll be today??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

A lot of unopened Xbox ones are showing up on adverts now for cost price and some with games. It looks like people are getting them more easily now since Argos have been listing Ones every night last week. So I'm guessing that the scalpers are not doing so well.

I find this pretty scummy though. He is looking to sell an argos reservation code for an xboxone+fifa for 50 euro!!. Something that anyone can get by simply using the argos stock checker around 9.30pm most nights. I really hope no one offers this person anything for it.
    http://www.adverts.ie/4430630

Edit: that ad above dissapeared However, another chancer is selling his argos reservation for 50 euro as he cannot collect it
    http://www.adverts.ie/4421255

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Have another xbox one reserved at liffey valley the fifa bundle 529 euros first to pm me can have it

thegame wrote: »
    Have another xbox one reserved at liffey valley the fifa bundle 529 euros first to pm me can have it

I also have the same for Argos in Galway for whoever wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Quandary

UPS man just called.

Am unboxing as we speak :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Does Does the fifa game come seperate? Is it a a full retail game and not a bundle box

Lenny wrote: »
    Does Does the fifa game come seperate? Is it a a full retail game and not a bundle box

FIFA comes as a digital download code which you redeem and is 8gb to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Flaccus wrote: »
    A lot of unopened Xbox ones are showing up on adverts now for cost price and some with games. It looks like people are getting them more easily now since Argos have been listing Ones every night last week. So I'm guessing that the scalpers are not doing so well.

I find this pretty scummy though. He is looking to sell an argos reservation code for an xboxone+fifa for 50 euro!!. Something that anyone can get by simply using the argos stock checker around 9.30pm most nights. I really hope no one offers this person anything for it.
    http://www.adverts.ie/4430630

Edit: that ad above dissapeared However, another chancer is selling his argos reservation for 50 euro as he cannot collect it
    http://www.adverts.ie/4421255

For every chancer there is a decent sort http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-one-reservation-code-argos/4443000

calex71 wrote: »

Haha that's me thanks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hauliesleap

I have a reservation code for an Xbox One in Argos, Tralee. If anyone wants it PM me.

I have a reservation code for an Xbox One in Argos, Tralee. If anyone wants it PM me.

I can also help anyone find one if they just leave info here: http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-one-reservation-code-argos/4443000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

DaLad wrote: »
    I can also help anyone find one if they just leave info here: http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-one-reservation-code-argos/4443000

Very sound of you. I am still gobsmacked by those trying to sell reservation codes especially the guy who has the advert title 'xbox one brand new and waiting to be collected' 50 euro. Very deceptive. I know people are not forced to buy and those that engage in such activities are just trying to make a quick buck but they add no value what so ever, and simply deprive genuine customers who may have picked that console up otherwise. That's why I do not agree with adverts decision to let these ad's run. It's just an exercise in greed.

At least it seems to be levelling out a bit on the xbox one console ad's now and there are plenty up for sale at only 50 euro over rrp. There are still a couple of tools who think they will get 800 to 1k for a day one Xbox one though. I really really hope they will get caught out especially the tubes who bought multiples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 corc1

Hi folks,

first time poster but just want to say thanks for all the great info here. Got myself and my eldest son a Fifa bundle in Argos cork this morning after checking stock around 930 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I tried for one in Argos, Tallaght last night but the sheer weight of traffic was making the site crash and the four that they had were gone in a minute. Does anyone have a code for Argos St. Stephen's Green by any chance!!!!!

Vudgie wrote: »
    I tried for one in Argos, Tallaght last night but the sheer weight of traffic was making the site crash and the four that they had were gone in a minute. Does anyone have a code for Argos St. Stephen's Green by any chance!!!!!

Yup, PM you now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Just had a request to try help find a console for a 10 year old for Christmas, probably have a slim chance but if anyone has any help they can give it would be great. Travel shouldn't be an issue I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I have one for €550 on adverts but willing to take face price if anyone here is stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

was passing gamestop in mallow last night and there was a sign in the window saying they had limited stock of xbox one available. their number is 02253455

Seems to be a reasonable amount of stock in Argos today

6 in Cork, 7 in Limerick, 5+ in Omni in Dublin

Jesus, some lad looking €120 for a bloody day one controller
    These will be worth hundreds in a few years as you can't buy them and there's a limited amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »

Limited amount - around 1 million or so? lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 corc1

Hi Spud,

seems to be a few xbox fifa bundles available in argos.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1449725

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Thanks for the help and notifications people I managed to get one reserved in Cork so hopefully its all there when they go to collect.

• Advertisement

Spud83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help and notifications people I managed to get one reserved in Cork so hopefully its all there when they go to collect.

Ah yeah, should be. There's 5+ FIFA editions there now still :)

Advertisement