Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Scalpers - Xbox One Edition - Please read guidelines and rules in post 1

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

besty wrote: »
    Hi guys. I thought I would enlist the collective wisdom of the Xbox forum to check where people think might be the best option to get an xbox one post-Christmas? I see the Argos stock checker is still not back up and running. I'm based in South Dublin.

Cheers and Happy Christmas all.

Swords smyths is showing up as in store bundled with Fifa for €529 low stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Apparently HMV are selling them online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nothing apparent about it.
    They have console only in stock, no bundles :(

http://www.hmv.ie/playstation-xbox/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-layout-updates.html

Have an Argos reservation code for Xbox one ,available to any Boardsie who is genuine,expires Friday closing Ilac center.Please PM me if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nothing apparent about it.
    They have console only in stock, no bundles :(

http://www.hmv.ie/playstation-xbox/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-layout-updates.html

That was what he asked for, a console.

You're only saving 25 quid on the bundles anyways, if you're desperate for one I'd buy it anyways and just buy the game seperately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    That was what he asked for, a console.

You're only saving 25 quid on the bundles anyways, if you're desperate for one I'd buy it anyways and just buy the game seperately.

I didn't mean nothing by it, I was agreeing with you and showing a link to prove it. :D

I myself got a console only from argos, I'm just aware that the ones with the packaged games are much better value. €130 for 2 games in smyths :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Hi,

I know this thread isn't very recent but I haven't a clue about this stuff !!!!

Looking for an xbox one for himself, have €300, €350 max at the moment, i'd have to wait until next month to add to that... want to buy from a store if I can and avoid payment plans.

The cheapest I've found is Argos selling titanfall bundle for €469.

This may be a silly question but does anyone know if I'm likely to find it any cheaper?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sadderday wrote: »
    Hi,

I know this thread isn't very recent but I haven't a clue about this stuff !!!!

Looking for an xbox one for himself, have €300, €350 max at the moment, i'd have to wait until next month to add to that... want to buy from a store if I can and avoid payment plans.

The cheapest I've found is Argos selling titanfall bundle for €469.

This may be a silly question but does anyone know if I'm likely to find it any cheaper?

Thanks!

For a new one, that's about as cheap as you'll get! There are plenty of pristine condition second hand ones on Adverts.ie etc. for under the 400 mark. Just make sure to get a receipt with it if buying second hand.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    For a new one, that's about as cheap as you'll get! There are plenty of pristine condition second hand ones on Adverts.ie etc. for under the 400 mark. Just make sure to get a receipt with it if buying second hand.

Yeah thought I wasn't getting much cheaper than that, thank you!!!

I looked on adverts etc but I've heard too many horror stories I'd rather save and bite the bullet ya know.

I just do not get the interest in a new x box when he will lose all the stuff from his old one. Must be like women and shoes.

Sadderday wrote: »
    Yeah thought I wasn't getting much cheaper than that, thank you!!!

I looked on adverts etc but I've heard too many horror stories I'd rather save and bite the bullet ya know.

I just do not get the interest in a new x box when he will lose all the stuff from his old one. Must be like women and shoes.

Horror stories? Buy from someone with high rep on adverts and get a receipt, should be fine. I had mine up for sale until I decided to keep it.

Ha yeah, it's like going from an old Nokia from 10 years ago to the latest smartphone :)

• Advertisement

Horror stories? Buy from someone with high rep on adverts and get a receipt, should be fine. I had mine up for sale until I decided to keep it.

Ha yeah, it's like going from an old Nokia from 10 years ago to the latest smartphone :)

AH I know there are genuine people selling them too, I would just be terrified that I'd buy it, bring it home, surprise him with it and something would be wrong with it ya know. It's still pricey, hasn't gone down in price really since xmas, i'm kinda shocked actually. anyway I'll just keep my eye out until I get the rest of the cash up, was just chancing my arm looking for a sale somewhere!

Thank you though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

have you looked at the argos buy now pay later option, its how i got mine i paid a deposit and will save up over 6 months then pay off the balance interest free.

got it with titanfall and fifa for 469

recyclops wrote: »
    have you looked at the argos buy now pay later option, its how i got mine i paid a deposit and will save up over 6 months then pay off the balance interest free.

got it with titanfall and fifa for 469

Last time I investigated that. You had to basically take out a credit card with them, is it still the same...

Last time I investigated that. You had to basically take out a credit card with them, is it still the same...

I looked into it today. you need bank statements and all !!

IF you pay in 6 months its interest free... looks good but i'd rather than go down that route just incase anything went wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can you pay in instalments or a lump sum?

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/BuyNowPayLater.htm

"Typical example. Cash price €275, deposit €27.50. Settle the loan in full by repaying the credit amount of €247.50 within 6 months of the date of the agreement OR if the loan is not settled within 6 months of the date of the agreement, then pay 48 months instalments of €8.48. Total cost of credit €159.54. Total amount payable €434.54."

Lump sum if before 6 months.

In argos?

They said basically if I went in today with photo ID, bank statements, a utility bill with my name on it and had a landline. I'd have to pay Argos 10% then and there. Then you are contracted with a company and you can pay €1 today, €200 tomorrow whatever way you like... once its paid within six months... but it doesn't appeal to me to have that hanging over my head... it's basically a hire purchase agreement really.

Harvey Norman do something similar... it is good but I wouldn't get into this kinda contract unless I was really stuck and needed something myself. I have too many bills.

I was surprised the likes of gamestop etc won't take a €200 deposit though...

Noticed Argo have Titan Falls bundle and special promotion choice of selected free game for €469.99 very good value.

Advertisement