Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Scalpers - Xbox One Edition - Please read guidelines and rules in post 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Went out to Hmv in crescent today and preordered one there 90% sure they will be getting them in on 13th so fingers crossed!!!

So too are Xtravision and Gamestop.

Don't really see why Delivery takes this long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

I ordered my Xbox from Microsoft directly last Friday evening, the site said it wouldn't ship until the 16th Dec.

Just got shipping confirmation and the UPS tracking code now.

Now I'm not sure if that's because I complained that they immediately charged my card when (according to Visa's terms) they're not allowed to charge until shipping. It could be that it would have shipped this soon anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

s.welstead wrote: »
    HMV had them online yesterday for pre-order including a Day One edition Forza for €499. Any idea if they did actually have stock or was that a mistake?
    Have the had any stock for sale yet?

They had stock, mine's out for delivery today. Awesome especially as its the day one edition.
    Now the problem that it's in Ireland and I'm not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Lads, this is a thread about giving advice for others to get an Xbox One. Please keep on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Went in to gamestop there to pay off some of the deposit on the ps4 and one of the lads xbox. Got offered a day one fifa edition, they were allocating pre orders that werent collected to next on the list this week. Got a missed call from them yesterday and only popped in today cause i was in the neighbourhood. Lucky day i guess :D

If anyone is on the list since october/early november its worth giving the local gamestop a call. I asked about the next batch due in and they were still taking pre orders for december aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

nearly pulled the trigger but looks to be a few in in stock in amazon. There the fifa day 1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-One-Console-Special-Edition/dp/B00GAOQAYK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1385480306&sr=8-8&keywords=xbox+one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

aidankkk wrote: »
    nearly pulled the trigger but looks to be a few in in stock in amazon. There the fifa day 1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-One-Console-Special-Edition/dp/B00GAOQAYK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1385480306&sr=8-8&keywords=xbox+one

gone , didnt last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

Went in to gamestop there to pay off some of the deposit on the ps4 and one of the lads xbox. Got offered a day one fifa edition, they were allocating pre orders that werent collected to next on the list this week. Got a missed call from them yesterday and only popped in today cause i was in the neighbourhood. Lucky day i guess :D

If anyone is on the list since october/early november its worth giving the local gamestop a call. I asked about the next batch due in and they were still taking pre orders for december aswell

What store was this? Also did they give a day when next batch due in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Moose9999

Hey Guys,

This thread seems to have gone a bit quite so I'm starting to think that there aren't many still in the same boat as me, I know I'm very late in the game here, but after convincing my son to get a bike from Santa instead of an Xbox One, I cant really live with the fact that its an Xbox that he really wants so I've had a change of heart. I've tried all the usual suspects, Smyths, Argos, Xtravision, Harvey Norman and after laughing at me they all just say not a hope of getting anything until January.

Any one know of any hidden gems still out there.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Did you try gamestop?

• Advertisement

Moose9999 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

This thread seems to have gone a bit quite so I'm starting to think that there aren't many still in the same boat as me, I know I'm very late in the game here, but after convincing my son to get a bike from Santa instead of an Xbox One, I cant really live with the fact that its an Xbox that he really wants so I've had a change of heart. I've tried all the usual suspects, Smyths, Argos, Xtravision, Harvey Norman and after laughing at me they all just say not a hope of getting anything until January.

Cheers

Your best bet is Gamestop but at this stage you're talking January some time.

Check out adverts.ie i've seen a few guys selling at the retail price but DO NOT give the scalpers 100 quid extra just for the sake of getting it in time.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

In the "Beat the Scalpers" thread a few people posted who ordered from Microsoft Ireland on launch day, consoles arrived yesterday.

Yeah, checked the Miscrosoft site, they're saying out of stock, it wont let you order

Thanks Jan - Same story at GameStop, as soon as they'd stopped laughing they said January. Thanks for the tip on adverts.ie, I'll check there, but don't want to line some scalpers pocket either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie1281

I pre ordered mine Sunday in xtravision in the parkway in limerick and was told I would have it either the 6th the 13th or the 20th as they were getting 3 deliveries before Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Gamestop online still saying preorder now and get it before Christmas. I ordered there on Monday so hopefully wont be too long.

2 hours ago :

We are still taking orders for Xbox One consoles. Get yours before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

I spoke to Microsoft directly last week and they told me to keep an eye on their website on Friday (release day) and I did, and I got one, received it yesterday, but they also said if I wasn't lucky that day to keep watching it every day as more stock was 'likely' to be available in December. All the gaming stores seem to have the 13th as a date, and the 20th so I don't think you'll be left high and dry, and those might be good dates on the Microsoft website too; it just might be a little closer to Christmas than one would like. Where are you based?

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to go for the Xbox and won't get the PS3.

Only put in two late orders on Amazon for the PS4 on the 14th(Solus) and 20th KZ.

But have been actively looking for an Xbox since last Friday.
    I really should have ordered the FIFA edition as I could have got that for E500 which isn't far off a PS4+FIFA(E465) and I'll probably have to buy a bundle I don't want bringing it over E505.

Would be willing to go all in for E540 for a FIFA day 1 edition or the incoming E540 green box version that includes FIFA.
    No real interest in any other version as I'd only be looking for FIFA additionally.

There's some showing up on the various EU Amazon sites but still in the E590-E690 bracket, hoping they don't shift them they'll be forced to start dropping the prices as more retailers satisfy the market for RRP(They could either make E20-30 or else be forced to sell for retail if they hold out too long at those prices).

Just want to start playing NBA/FIFA... have the money in the bank waiting to purchase whichever I can get first/cheapest/fastest.

Hey Guys,

Cheers

Thanks for all the advice guys, just back from my local Xtravision where I was able to pre-order one, guy said that they're expecting them in for Dec 16th, but that they could be told at any time to stop talking in store pre-orders. So it looks like the 3 real options open to people still are:

1 Over the counter at Xtravision
    2 Online with Gamestop
    3 Watch the Microsoft website

Thanks for all the advice guys, just back from my local Xtravision where I was able to pre-order one, guy said that they're expecting them in for Dec 16th, but that they could be told at any time to stop talking in store pre-orders. So it looks like the 3 real options open to people still are:

1 Over the counter at Xtravision
    2 Online with Gamestop
    3 Watch the Microsoft website

Saw a few on adverts that were going for an extra 50 quid or so.

Depends how desperate you'd want one :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bewildered

I'd be willing to pay 50-100 over retail to get one before the end of the month as I'll be busy with work through Christmas. Looked at amazon.de/it etc but I don't think they deliver to Ireland and I don't know anyone in either country. I've checked gumtree/adverts.ie/buyandsell but a lot of the ads listed are for 1k or 800 quid, and most claim they come with Fifa and Forza etc. My understanding was that these were digital downloads if they came with the console. As most of these ads say they've been "played once" is it safe to say that they're lying/misinformed that the games haven't already been redeemed? Tbh I don't care if I don't get FIFA, I just don't want someone to use that as a bargaining chip if it isn't on the table.

Also anyone selling an Xbox one? Cash money!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I really hope the €1000 console people get stuck with them. Gamestop are getting more orders in and you can order online from them and get free shipping in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Lads i will check with my local (Nenagh) Gamestop & xtra vision tomorrow, very friendly with both sets of staff, and if there are any available or coming available i will let ye know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ronan wrote: »
    I really hope the €1000 console people get stuck with them. Gamestop are getting more orders in and you can order online from them and get free shipping in time for Christmas.

So do I. Personally I dont see the need of paying 1000 euro for a console when you can wait a week or two or three and pay 500.

And those adds of people who said played once I would seriously consider buying from them. I just find it odd that someone would only play once with such console and then decide they want to sell it.. not only because they might have downloaded the game but also because the console might be faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Lads Argos have some delivery friday till next monday, I hope a few Boards lads get them.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1226027

Rafloution wrote: »
    Lads Argos have some delivery friday till next monday, I hope a few Boards lads get them.

Good spot, I was logging in and checking but had just left each set on Galway.

Mother lives in Claremorris(20mins to Castlebar but she comes to Galway on a Sunday so I'd have to detour) and GF lives in Athlone.
    I think I'll have to drop by to see her Monday so... being a good BF and all :D.

Would rather get the Solus PS4 with FIFA 14 for E465 or the FIFA day one(unlikely now) slash FIFA green box for E540 but this at least gives me the option to be gaming by Monday and I might be able to pick up a FIFA code for E40ish so it would be the same price as the FIFA green box.
    They were offering FIFA added for E45 earlier when I checked but that's gone now.
    BF4 still there but I want NBA/FIFA off the block so will need to hold off as I've only E550 to get up and running.

Options are so limited this isn't a bad option but rules out weekend gameplay, but also covers me for my poorly judged Gamestop pre order as the funds likely won't be available to try for a PS4 over the next two days.
    Monday gives me time to recover that authorisation payment

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Rafloution wrote: »

Hey thanks so much for that info just after reserving one there hopefully Incan get it now!

If I do get it I'll have one on preorder with Hmv if anybody needs it.

Argos has Xbox One's in every store that's >1hr away. :pac::pac:

Looks like i'll have to wait until the 12th of December..... :(

Argos has Xbox One's in every store that's >1hr away. :pac::pac:

Looks like i'll have to wait until the 12th of December..... :(

Pretty much the same for me.

None in Galway, but some in Castlebar/Athlone/Sligo/Limerick.

All the other Connacht stores and anywhere an hour away.

Just lucky for me that the GF lives in Athlone, but the bad part is my car's leaking coolant big time so not sure about driving there or how to play it being a Monday and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

its a pity they are only the standard editions, thought we might have gotten at least a few more day one editions considering we only got like 3 in :L

Advertisement