Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Scalpers - Xbox One Edition - Please read guidelines and rules in post 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Anyone know if you can cancel a fully pre-paid gamestop bundle online if you happen to get one elsewhere?

Is it fine or do I lose a % of what I paid.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Rafloution wrote: »
    Lads Argos have some delivery friday till next monday, I hope a few Boards lads get them.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1226027

Thanks, just ordered one in arklow. :)
    wasn't gonna get one till next year but after seeing videos on YouTube I changed my mind! Roll on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Argos has Xbox One's in every store that's >1hr away. :pac::pac:

Looks like i'll have to wait until the 12th of December..... :(

Tried to reserve but kept telling me to select a store when I had one selected already.. gutted... said there was only 5 left though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Ilac is available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Managed to reserve one in waterford

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »
    Tried to reserve but kept telling me to select a store when I had one selected already.. gutted... said there was only 5 left though.

You have to select up pick only too.
    Same thing happened to me.
    Get back on there and order! :)

Ordered my xbox one off gamestop with Ghosts... really wanted BF4 though! Excited now!

thought they didn't take the money out of your a/c until it shipped? says "Value of Pending Transactions: €539.99" on open24 and took the money out.. kind of needed that money for this weekend.. can you cancel a pre order??

Ordered my xbox one off gamestop with Ghosts... really wanted BF4 though! Excited now!

thought they didn't take the money out of your a/c until it shipped? says "Value of Pending Transactions: €539.99" on open24 and took the money out.. kind of needed that money for this weekend.. can you cancel a pre order??

The same thing happened to me earlier.

I had the money in the bank and read their Pre Order conditions but it only said Lasar would be instantly taken.

So I emailed them and she said its an Authorisation attempt and it would be returned and whether I wanted to confirm cancellation.
    I thought by then it would prob take longer to cancel but ruled myself out of making the PS4 launch tomorrow unless it comes back(3pm today)

If it's not there tomorrow ill email back to cancel and hope the funds land back by Monday to go to Argos or I'll have to load a few E100 temp.

BTW you can get BF3/Ghosts added to that Xbox on Argos for E545 or something if you preselect the game from the upgrades. Must be done before adding to the cart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Nice one. Got one reserved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Lads Argos have some delivery friday till next monday, I hope a few Boards lads get them.

Excellent spot...just reserved one in Drogheda. Tells me I can pick up from Friday...many thanks. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bewildered

I just pre-ordered one from Argos in Naas. Nearest to Dublin and still had a few in stock after I pre-ordered. Also the site said delivery between 30th and 2nd so thats probably the best you'll get anywhere. Lets just hope the website wasn't lying.

The same thing happened to me earlier.

I had the money in the bank and read their Pre Order conditions but it only said Lasar would be instantly taken.

So I emailed them and she said its an Authorisation attempt and it would be returned and whether I wanted to confirm cancellation.
    I thought by then it would prob take longer to cancel but ruled myself out of making the PS4 launch tomorrow unless it comes back(3pm today)

If it's not there tomorrow ill email back to cancel and hope the funds land back by Monday to go to Argos or I'll have to load a few E100 temp.

BTW you can get BF3/Ghosts added to that Xbox on Argos for E545 or something if you preselect the game from the upgrades. Must be done before adding to the cart.

Cheers for the info mate. Let's hope it's back in my A/C by Friday. Will you let me know if your money is put back in your a/c? You used a VISA debit as well? I'm heading to Bruges this weekend so doubt the misses would be too happy knowing that I bought myself an X1. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Initially in Smyths we were to be getting the stock in over a space of two or three weeks, it has now changed that all pre-orders should be cleared off by this weekend. So essentially guys, from Mon/Tue on wards there'll be news hopefully as anything that comes in from then on is free unreserved stock. Nothing confirmed though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone near Laois could check out the gamestop in portlaoise. I was on the third list of pre-orders and i got a call to go in yesteday for a day one edition and went in and bought it.

When i went in the impression i got was they wouldn't get their second round of stock if they couldnt sell the first. Maybe they might have some for sale, it be worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

How do you order for collection in Argos? If I go through the website and stick in my contact details I just get a 'item is out of stock' on the complete page..

unklerosco wrote: »
    How do you order for collection in Argos? If I go through the website and stick in my contact details I just get a 'item is out of stock' on the complete page..

On the page were you put in your phone number and email address, to the right of that it 3 box's tick the 2nd one and make sure you tick the shop you are picking up from too. That is if they are getting them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

This is what I see

282238.png

Insert my details and then get

282239.png

I get an email but no text.. email just has store contact details, no reservation no..

unklerosco wrote: »
    This is what I see

282238.png

Insert my details and then get

282239.png

I get an email but no text.. email just has store contact details, no reservation no..
    I don't know. I just reserved and got the email and number. Did you try to pay or reserved it?

Cheers for the info mate. Let's hope it's back in my A/C by Friday. Will you let me know if your money is put back in your a/c? You used a VISA debit as well? I'm heading to Bruges this weekend so doubt the misses would be too happy knowing that I bought myself an X1. :D

Was it just today you ordered too?.

I'm so stuck between cancelling now or waiting for the authorisation and then cancelling.
    Thinking maybe a cancel will make the process take longer?!.

Anyone here with launch experience of cancelling a Visa Debit or how long the authorisation takes?.

Just noticed FIFA can be discounted when adding to the pre-order even though it's not in the deals, saw mention of it again on the page which opens when clicking a certain way.

They only reserve it today and tomorrow and I won't be getting the Xbox till Fri-Wed(hoping that means Friday) so not sure will they let us re-add the game on again at the till after 12 tonight hoping I have it there on Friday waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Who posted the original post about argos getting more ????

Thank you thank you thank you... just got one reserved in limerick childers road for nect monday/tuesday

• Advertisement

Was it just today you ordered too?.

I'm so stuck between cancelling now or waiting for the authorisation and then cancelling.
    Thinking maybe a cancel will make the process take longer?!.

Anyone here with launch experience of cancelling a Visa Debit or how long the authorisation takes?.

Just noticed FIFA can be discounted when adding to the pre-order even though it's not in the deals, saw mention of it again on the page which opens when clicking a certain way.

They only reserve it today and tomorrow and I won't be getting the Xbox till Fri-Wed(hoping that means Friday) so not sure will they let us re-add the game on again at the till after 12 tonight hoping I have it there on Friday waiting.

I only ordered it today as well mate. I thought we wouldn't get them until around xmas??

I only ordered it today as well mate. I thought we wouldn't get them until around xmas??

Ya I was only pre ordering on the condition it wasn't taken.

I've sent an email cancelling it, just bit the bullet that cancelling an Authorisation request is quicker than letting it clear.

I was reading on Visa Debits site about stuff you can do, there's no option to do it on there though but it seems to point to being able to cancel an authorisation request.

If I get a reply from Gamestop before I leave saying its done and the money still hasn't returned i'll enquire in my bank about that.

I'd like to chance Tesco for an Xbox as its considerably cheaper when FIFA is must(E465 vs E565 going the Tesco route) thats provided they have the Solus.

Best case scenario is it clears and I get a PS4 tomorrow night, if not that the Xbox is there to collect in Argos on Friday which is points to being.

Want some weekend gaming anyway.

Ya I was only pre ordering on the condition it wasn't taken.

I've sent an email cancelling it, just bit the bullet that cancelling an Authorisation request is quicker than letting it clear.

I was reading on Visa Debits site about stuff you can do, there's no option to do it on there though but it seems to point to being able to cancel an authorisation request.

If I get a reply from Gamestop before I leave saying its done and the money still hasn't returned i'll enquire in my bank about that.

I'd like to chance Tesco for an Xbox as its considerably cheaper when FIFA is must(E465 vs E565 going the Tesco route) thats provided they have the Solus.

Best case scenario is it clears and I get a PS4 tomorrow night, if not that the Xbox is there to collect in Argos on Friday which is points to being.

Want some weekend gaming anyway.

Are you getting both mate? :D Aye, I'll just budget this weekend if the money doesn't come back.. no biggy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Nice one lad! Have it preordered with GameStop online but wouldn't be dispatched until 11-12th or something. Better getting it in a local store. Reserved now for Tues-Thurs pickup :D Cheers

chris_ie wrote: »
    Nice one lad! Have it preordered with GameStop online but wouldn't be dispatched until 11-12th or something. Better getting it in a local store. Reserved now for Tues-Thurs pickup :D Cheers

Same as myself lad. Did you email Gamestop about a refund/cancellation?

Feel sorry for them tomorrow :pac:

Are you getting both mate? :D Aye, I'll just budget this weekend if the money doesn't come back.. no biggy!

No but I'd take a PS4 if the funds go back to the bank and I can get one tomorrow night.

It's just cheaper, with a Solus I could get FIFA and NBA for E525 or so, which is less than I can even get the Xbox and FIFA alone for.

I can't budget, I'd have to borrow. I already topped up my loan to get the money so can't do that again without producing bills etc.

Same as myself lad. Did you email Gamestop about a refund/cancellation?

Feel sorry for them tomorrow :pac:

Haha, nah I haven't mailed yet. According to the FAQ on the site cancellation shouldn't be a problem, but yeah they might have a few coming through! :p might leave cancelling until I have the actual XBox, just in case something messes up with Argos!

chris_ie wrote: »
    Haha, nah I haven't mailed yet. According to the FAQ on the site cancellation shouldn't be a problem, but yeah they might have a few coming through! :p might leave cancelling until I have the actual XBox, just in case something messes up with Argos!

Don't say that. :(

Don't say that. :(

Ha, I'm sure it'll be fine, just over cautious... :p No harm in holding the preorder that bit longer, I was told dispatch wouldn't be for another few weeks so plenty time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

How reliable would Argos be saying 2nd-4th, seems almost too good to be true?

No reservation number on my email from argos? is that normal?

Advertisement