Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat the Scalpers - Xbox One Edition - Please read guidelines and rules in post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

adamtj09 wrote: »
    How reliable would Argos be saying 2nd-4th, seems almost too good to be true?

No reservation number on my email from argos? is that normal?

No you should have got a reservation number. When I did it last night I got the reservation number on the confirmation page, the email and in a text message. Did you see it anywhere? Someone else on here had a similar issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

chris_ie wrote: »
    No you should have got a reservation number. When I did it last night I got the reservation number on the confirmation page, the email and in a text message. Did you see it anywhere? Someone else on here had a similar issue.

I didnt receive a reservation number either, I think it means the item is actually out of stock.

If you opt for the plaintext email it say this: Unfortunately these item(s) are now temporarily out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

marathont wrote: »
    I didnt receive a reservation number either, I think it means the item is actually out of stock.

If you opt for the plaintext email it say this: Unfortunately these item(s) are now temporarily out of stock.

Does it mean we will get one once they are back in reservation or is it an error on the Argos website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

I tried online reservations at 4 different stores this morning. Each time I got through the reservation process entering phone number and email. It went to "out of stock" then each time and I received an email with no reservation number on it. I wouldn't be too optimistic that I have anything reserved when I have no reservation number.

I tried the 01-2161616 number also and after supposedly reserving it by entering my phone number to receive a text it then informed me it had gone out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Just on the Argos website there if anyone is in limerick there are still able to reserve one in the crescent, Childers rd, and cruises street for delivery between Monday and Wednesday of next week.

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »
    I tried online reservations at 4 different stores this morning. Each time I got through the reservation process entering phone number and email. It went to "out of stock" then each time and I received an email with no reservation number on it. I wouldn't be too optimistic that I have anything reserved when I have no reservation number.

I tried the 01-2161616 number also and after supposedly reserving it by entering my phone number to receive a text it then informed me it had gone out of stock.

This happened to me before with a different item, I think if you dont get a reservation number it means there is no stock to be reserved. Seems to be an annoying glitch on their website.

leex wrote: »

It might be just the case there showing up to reserve it put there all reserved already I would think so maybe that's why your not getting a reservation number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ya I was only pre ordering on the condition it wasn't taken.

I've sent an email cancelling it, just bit the bullet that cancelling an Authorisation request is quicker than letting it clear.

I've had a nightmare with pre authorisation and a cancelled pre orde. It will be 2 weeks tommor since my pre order was cancelled the money was never taken. The store say they can't refund because they never took the money, the bank say they can't cancel it as it has to be rejected by the retailer. So I've been without 500 euro for two weeks because of the idiots.

I've had a nightmare with pre authorisation and a cancelled pre orde. It will be 2 weeks tommor since my pre order was cancelled the money was never taken. The store say they can't refund because they never took the money, the bank say they can't cancel it as it has to be rejected by the retailer. So I've been without 500 euro for two weeks because of the idiots.

Who did you have your preorder with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mr darren

Tried argos since yesterday all sold out..when ive tried to reserve..it says out of stock and my email doesnt give a referance number :(..ah well goin to look at 1 on DD tomorrow for 600e

• Advertisement

My Argos order seems to be available to collect from Galway :eek:.

Gamestop took my money aswell then yesterday for a preorder there when I wouldn't have even initiated it had I know it would debit my money for a few days.

Need to try arrange a short term loan so I can get out before 9.

If I get it, I'll let ye know when the massive update is taking place :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

My Argos order seems to be available to collect from Galway :eek:.

Gamestop took my money aswell then yesterday for a preorder there when I wouldn't have even initiated it had I know it would debit my money for a few days.

Need to try arrange a short term loan so I can get out before 9.

If I get it, I'll let ye know when the massive update is taking place :P.

Hi, I have one reserved in Argos Drogheda. Did you get an email/text to tell you yours is available to collect??

opengoal wrote: »
    Hi, I have one reserved in Argos Drogheda. Did you get an email/text to tell you yours is available to collect??

Yes I got a text at 6pm.

I ordered on Galway as soon as they came online from watching the link posted earlier in this thread. It took 45mins for Galway to show up so must have been first.

I was given a delivery time of Friday-Wednesday.

They had ONE unit in stock, the lad at the till and working on the collection point were both surprised so I probably picked it up within an hour of arrival.
    Each store prob had 1-5 for pre weekend collection, they must have their main wave coming in on Monday as I doubt anyone else was told to come to Galway so I got their only early order by being fast ordering.

Just booting her up now, no more worrying about a PS4. Can game for the weekend.... AND A NIGHT EARLY :D

Also you get E10 to spend before xmas in Argos, if you want something like NBA which is cheapest there. Buy the console first or ask to use on the purchase if needs be. I only thought of this AFTER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Yes I got a text at 6pm.

I ordered on Galway as soon as they came online from watching the link posted earlier in this thread. It took 45mins for Galway to show up so must have been first.

I was given a delivery time of Friday-Wednesday.

They had ONE unit in stock, the lad at the till and working on the collection point were both surprised so I probably picked it up within an hour of arrival.
    Each store prob had 1-5 for pre weekend collection, they must have their main wave coming in on Monday as I doubt anyone else was told to come to Galway so I got their only early order by being fast ordering.

Just booting her up now, no more worrying about a PS4. Can game for the weekend.... AND A NIGHT EARLY :D

Also you get E10 to spend before xmas in Argos, if you want something like NBA which is cheapest there. Buy the console first or ask to use on the purchase if needs be. I only thought of this AFTER.

Delighted you got it!

Have fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Amazon.co.uk have stock today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Just to let you guys know.
    Xtra vision will have their next batch next Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just to let you guys know.
    Xtra vision will have their next batch next Friday.

Everyone should boycott these bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

just got a txt from argos to say my xbox one is ready to collect from omni in santry i reserved it wednsday night..they might have got more stock in.. its the standard version

thegame wrote: »
    just got a txt from argos to say my xbox one is ready to collect from omni in santry i reserved it wednsday night..they might have got more stock in.. its the standard version

Lucky b... :D

When you reserved what date did it give? Is it on time or early? Mine is due next Tues - Thursday, would have been nice for the weekend as I'll be stuck in the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Lucky b... :D

When you reserved what date did it give? Is it on time or early? Mine is due next Tues - Thursday, would have been nice for the weekend as I'll be stuck in the house!

when i reserved it on wednesday online it said friday the 29th-tuesday 3rd

i tried my luck reserving it didnt think id get a txt today.

• Advertisement

Just got my text from Childers road in Argos that's it in so should be heading up now soon to get hopefully works up!

And santa gets all the credit eh!!!! ��

thegame wrote: »
    when i reserved it on wednesday online it said friday the 29th-tuesday 3rd

i tried my luck reserving it didnt think id get a txt today.

Ah right so its accurate enough. Oh well, next tuesday is still better than 2 or 3 weeks! :)

I have a standard xbox reserved in Argos Arklow, It needs to be collected by 8pm tonight, I cant make it, if anyone wants the number let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie1281

Did anyone who reserved in the argos in the crescent get a text yet. I reserved mine Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I have an xbox one reserved in Ilac Centre Argos for arrival Mon 2nd - Wed 4th.
    I've got one sourced elsewhere this weekend, so first one to PM and I'll pass on my reservation number, they'll txt me when its in so I'll let whomever wants it know.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

lafors wrote: »
    I have an xbox one reserved in Ilac Centre Argos for arrival Mon 2nd - Wed 4th.
    I've got one sourced elsewhere this weekend, so first one to PM and I'll pass on my reservation number, they'll txt me when its in so I'll let whomever wants it know.

Pm'ed you don't know if I am first

Also to add t this.

I have a preorder down for Athlone(Argos), it's due Mon-Wed.

If anyone wants it, send me a PM.

I booked Athlone first when Galway wasn't available as my GF lives there so wouldn't mind the trek.

Just got my one in Argos in Childers road thank god I was half afraid it wasn't going to be there!

I have reserved one in HMV out in the crescent which I have just rang to cancel it they said they would have a batch coming in on the 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Also to add t this.

I have a preorder down for Athlone(Argos), it's due Mon-Wed.

If anyone wants it, send me a PM.

I booked Athlone first when Galway wasn't available as my GF lives there so wouldn't mind the trek.

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

If anyone has another reserve number or know of any stock could you let me know I'm trying to get one for my dad for Christmas :P

Advertisement