Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new customer ?

Options
  • 18-11-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I had posted previously re broadband and have had an ongoing issue trying to setup in a property I moved into on Oct 25th. I had followed all procedures and I was told by Nov 15th I will finally be abe to set up. I got an eircom modem which I wasn't supposed to recieve there had been alot of confusion etc. (See previous posts in this forum)

Now that I am able to set up I want to do so. Eircom hve offered unlimited broadband with unlimited landline evening and weekend calls for €35 per month for 6 months and €50 per month thereafter. Since other providers are offering cheaper deals I would like to know if Eircom can do any better since I've had so much hassle so far. Eircom would be handy since I already have a modem etc but I will try elsewhere if I must.

Also, I most likely will not be in the property for a full 12 months now... the delays (not my fault) now mean I only require service in this property for 11 months. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sadderday wrote: »
    I had posted previously re broadband and have had an ongoing issue trying to setup in a property I moved into on Oct 25th. I had followed all procedures and I was told by Nov 15th I will finally be abe to set up. I got an eircom modem which I wasn't supposed to recieve there had been alot of confusion etc. (See previous posts in this forum)

Now that I am able to set up I want to do so. Eircom hve offered unlimited broadband with unlimited landline evening and weekend calls for €35 per month for 6 months and €50 per month thereafter. Since other providers are offering cheaper deals I would like to know if Eircom can do any better since I've had so much hassle so far. Eircom would be handy since I already have a modem etc but I will try elsewhere if I must.

Also, I most likely will not be in the property for a full 12 months now... the delays (not my fault) now mean I only require service in this property for 11 months. Any ideas on this?

Thanks
    Hi Sadderday

There is already a 12 month contract in place on your account. This 12 month contract is a condition of the installation of your line and activation of broadband. Should you wish to explore your options for a cheaper package you will need to contact accounts on free phone 1901 (option 4 then 3) or sales on 1800503303.

Your broadband is now active and ready to use.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Thanks
    Hi Sadderday

There is already a 12 month contract in place on your account. This 12 month contract is a condition of the installation of your line and activation of broadband. Should you wish to explore your options for a cheaper package you will need to contact accounts on free phone 1901 (option 4 then 3) or sales on 1800503303.

Thanks

Al
    May I have details of this and when this was instigated? As I didn't now I had an account? I haven't signed or given bank details and the modem was sent in error. I am very concerned now that I have an account that I didn't know I had?

Thanks
    Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al
    May I have details of this and when this was instigated? As I didn't now I had an account? I haven't signed or given bank details and the modem was sent in error. I am very concerned now that I have an account that I didn't know I had?
    Hi Sadderday

Your posts to your previous thrwead clearly state that you requested the move of service and this automatically comes with a contract renewal. 

The line was moved on the 1/11/13 and broadband has been active since 12/11/13.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Thanks
    Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al
    Hi Sadderday

Your posts to your previous thrwead clearly state that you requested the move of service and this automatically comes with a contract renewal. 

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the response... and sorry I know that I am a pain at this stage. But I called to Eircom and they have absolutely no records of the above. Thy have no details of mine and have confirmed that nothing such is in order. In addition; we do not have internet access. I have been told me to disregard your information by a staff member (have all details). I requested the move of service and it hadn't been possible as the previous tenant had requested a move of their own account shortly thereafter. I had been advised to cancel the request (which I did) as I would need to set up my own account so the automatic contract in this case should therefore be void.

See the quotes in previous posts:

'As it stands you will need to wait until the account is fully closed before you can request the reactivation of this line and reactivation of broadband.'

'The line should be cancelled within the next 48 hours. To arrange a reactivation without signing up to eircom you will need to contact an alternative provider once the line has been cancelled.'

I have been told its working, not working and yes I wanted broadband but I said I didnt want Eircom broadband after all of this so in the early posts.

I requested to speak with a manager previously in order to get clarification. I will PM my number if you could arrange for a manager to call me please.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al
    Hi Sadderday

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the response... and sorry I know that I am a pain at this stage. But I called to Eircom and they have absolutely no records of the above. Thy have no details of mine and have confirmed that nothing such is in order. In addition; we do not have internet access. I have been told me to disregard your information by a staff member (have all details). I requested the move of service and it hadn't been possible as the previous tenant had requested a move of their own account shortly thereafter. I had been advised to cancel the request (which I did) as I would need to set up my own account so the automatic contract in this case should therefore be void.

See the quotes in previous posts:

'As it stands you will need to wait until the account is fully closed before you can request the reactivation of this line and reactivation of broadband.'

'The line should be cancelled within the next 48 hours. To arrange a reactivation without signing up to eircom you will need to contact an alternative provider once the line has been cancelled.'

I have been told its working, not working and yes I wanted broadband but I said I didnt want Eircom broadband after all of this so in the early posts.

I requested to speak with a manager previously in order to get clarification. I will PM my number if you could arrange for a manager to call me please.

Thanks.
    Hi Sadderday,

Thanks for taking my call and feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement