Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

miniature schnauzer breeding tips

• 18-11-2013 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

hi there my miniature schnauzer is 16 months old and has come in heat for the third time, is it too early to breed her ?
    ive never done this before, my mother is stone mad for one but i dont want to put ruby under any pressure if her body is not ready ect, any advice would be great

Yes far too young. She's still only a baby. If your mother wants one can you not just buy one?
    Do you realise how hard and stressful and expensive breeding is?
    Is your bitch health tested? Ikc reg'd, good quality etc etc?

You need to check that the breeder didnt endorse her when registering. This means her puppies cant be registered with the IKC until the breeder lifts the endorsement.

I suggest you talk to the breeder of your bitch before even considering breeding and get their advice first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Well your neighbour was very wrong to breed that poor dog at one :-(

Do you show her at championship shows? What health tests has she got for the breed?

What people are saying shes the best looking mini shcn they have seen? Are they mini schnauzer experts or judges?

Have you spoken to the breeder about breeding her yet? If not i suggest you get their advice first before doing anything.

Have you checked her papers to see if shes endorsed?

You ask a lot of questions, what my neighbour did is his own business I was just asking about the age before I look into it any more, normally get simple answers on boards like she is too young wait till 3 ect.
    I will find out elsewhere

mods please close thread

• Advertisement

I said that 16 months was too young, i answered your question?? I merely commented that the poor dog being bred from at 1. No reflection on you.

You are enquiring about breeding and im giving you the best advice as i know all about breeding and whats required, so i really dont know what your problem is.

Ive given you great advice and suggested to talk to your breeder too so i reallly dont know why you are getting upset?

By the way, the title of the thread is breeding tips, which i have given. If you just wanted to know the specific age to breed from you should have specified that.

Good luck!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

mods please close thread

Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement