Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakdown cover

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hope someone can help on here......camper newbies!!! Bought a converted bus 8 tonne during the summer,to cut a long story short couldnt get insurance anywere!!! Got the ombudsman involved and Allianze gave us a quote of 900e which we took (crazy high i know) but we have now found out after buying it that we have no breakdown cover here or in Europe. Can anyone recommend anyone for this seeing that the camper is 8tonne.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Suggest that you talk to a local trucking company or bus company - see do they have any advise as to how they get breakdown cover (assuming they have it) on their fleet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

katyb41 wrote: »
    Hope someone can help on here......camper newbies!!! Bought a converted bus 8 tonne during the summer,to cut a long story short couldnt get insurance anywere!!! Got the ombudsman involved and Allianze gave us a quote of 900e which we took (crazy high i know) but we have now found out after buying it that we have no breakdown cover here or in Europe. Can anyone recommend anyone for this seeing that the camper is 8tonne.

Did you get comprehensive or third party?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 katyb41

Hi Paddyp,
    We have fully comprehensive but breakdown cover not included, didnt realise until after we bought. Ombudsman has since said that breakdown cover at the discrection of company. Think you might have replied to me bfore about insurance. Tbh it has left a very bad taste and kinda taken the fun and enjoyment out of the camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

do a search for ADAC, the german version of AA, and they'll cover you as a person regardless of what your driving
    You'd need the plus package to include europe
    Theres a few threads here on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

katyb41 wrote: »
    Hi Paddyp,
    We have fully comprehensive but breakdown cover not included, didnt realise until after we bought. Ombudsman has since said that breakdown cover at the discrection of company. Think you might have replied to me bfore about insurance. Tbh it has left a very bad taste and kinda taken the fun and enjoyment out of the camper.

Fingers crossed the premium will come down. They're feckers really as traders insurance isn't much more and covers a heck of a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 the purdu

try the AA. 5* european cover, might just be what u need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Have a read of this thread - I thought it had been split into a sticky, though relevant to ADAC but must be mistaken - old age, the mind's going! Without going through it all again, I think someone mentioned a length and/or weight limit for recovery.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056976313

Advertisement