Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Boxes?

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if it's my phone or the site but for the last few days I've been getting small black boxes covering some of the touch page

Xperia T
    Chrome
    Touch site

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

I'm not sure if it's my phone or the site but for the last few days I've been getting small black boxes covering some of the touch page

Xperia T
    Chrome
    Touch site

Thanks for the report, could you send on a screenshot if possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thanks for the report, could you send on a screenshot if possible?

Yeah I will when it happens again

From just now

From just now

Thanks, is it just that thread in AH in particular at the moment?

Thanks, is it just that thread in AH in particular at the moment?

Right now, yeah. It has happened about 5 times over the last week or so but can't for the life of me remember where exactly. Could it possibly be my phone? I'll make sure to post more screen shots as it happens

• Advertisement

Right now, yeah. It has happened about 5 times over the last week or so but can't for the life of me remember where exactly. Could it possibly be my phone? I'll make sure to post more screen shots as it happens

I've no Android device here atm unfortunately, but will check that thread out tomorrow when I get my hands on one. I'll drop in here and get a few more details about your device too, will hopefully get to the bottom of it as quick as possible!

Another

Hope I'm not annoying you, just giving as much info as possible. It happened there on a thread and when I thanked a post it disappeared

Hope I'm not annoying you, just giving as much info as possible. It happened there on a thread and when I thanked a post it disappeared

Not at all, any / all information you can provide is great, thanks. We're finding it very hard to recreate the issue here in the office, will hopefully be able to take a better look into it now today.

Another just now

• Advertisement

Another just now

Maybe it's my phone? I seem to be the only one experiencing the problem :/ have had about 5 today including After Hours, Rugby and a private forum.

When I refreshed a page with a box earlier, the box moved from one side to the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Maybe it's my phone? I seem to be the only one experiencing the problem :/ have had about 5 today including After Hours, Rugby and a private forum.

When I refreshed a page with a box earlier, the box moved from one side to the other

I don't think it's your phone PP, more likely to be a rendering issue with chrome, just a fairly rare one -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16922244/why-are-black-squares-appearing-in-chrome

Have you tried another browser on your phone to try and pin down the issue?

Sorry, that's what I meant. An issue on my side rather than an issue with the site.

I'm using Dolphin and getting the black boxes. Got one as I clicked into this thread

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement