Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeses, this guy's an optimist !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He said if it was up to him he'd sign for Madrid or Barca.

What's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya he said if I could choose who to play for it would be Real or Barca.

The context is important, he never said he should be playing for either of them.

No problem with what that guy said, of course any player would choose to play for one of the biggest clubs.

Big Sam however........
    I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid," said Allardyce. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.
    "Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time. It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-i-should-be-manager-of-real-madrid-not-blackburn-2082454.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No problem with what that guy said, of course any player would choose to play for one of the biggest clubs.

Big Sam however........

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-i-should-be-manager-of-real-madrid-not-blackburn-2082454.html

Well, most managers would want to coach the best teams. Frank Rijkaard was the manager of Sparta Rotterdam and under his tenure the team got relegated for the first time ever. He went on to have a successful period with Barcelona.

You're simply judging his ability by the fact he doesn't manage big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Bendtners only 25?? For some reason I thought he was coming to the end of his career, as in around 32 or 33 or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

764dak wrote: »
    Well, most managers would want to coach the best teams. Frank Rijkaard was the manager of Sparta Rotterdam and under his tenure the team got relegated for the first time ever. He went on to have a successful period with Barcelona.

You're simply judging his ability by the fact he doesn't manage big teams.

Sam said he'd win the double every year with Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid or Inter. I seriously doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Sam said he'd win the double every year with Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid or Inter. I seriously doubt that.

A lot of managers, fans, owners think like that (most don't say that though). Why do you think managers of certain teams get fired so often? Also, he might be exaggerating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BENDTNER SCORES 10 OUT OF 9 FOR SELF-CONFIDENCE

Bendtner underwent a psychiatric test at Arsenal designed to test players self-confidence, overseen by a fella named Jaques Crevoisier (isn't that an expensive drink?) ''On a scale up to 9, Bendtner got 10!" sais Crevoisier. "We have never seen that before. Pat Rice was sitting next to me and couldn't stop laughing. When Bendtner misses a chance, he is always genuinely convinced that it wasn't his fault. You might say that's a problem, and to a certain degree it can be. But you can also view it as this guy has a remarkable ability to come back after set-backs." Arsenal fans would prefer to see less set-backs and more balls in the back of the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I thought big Sam was being a bit tongue-in-cheek at the time. But I do imagine that, to work in professional football for any length of time, you'd want to have one hell of an ego. Anyone with a hint of mental weakness seems to get chewed up and spat out very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

geeky wrote: »
    I thought big Sam was being a bit tongue-in-cheek at the time.
    We wasn't. He believes his own hype. Thankfully nobody else, apart from skysports, does.

As for bendtner he's in the same boat, it makes it even more hilarious that he's useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Not a Pink Floyd fan, could someone please explain the Syd Barrett reference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Not a Pink Floyd fan, could someone please explain the Syd Barrett reference?

LSD damaged loony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not near as good as he thinks he is, but not near as bad as most people make him out to be either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If he ever did become half as good as he thought he was/is he would eclipse every player in history to go down as the greatest of all time. Not just on this planet, on all the planets

Advertisement