Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel night heater for camper

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi am looking for a diesel night heater for my Campervan a ford transit 2003 can anyone point me in the right road thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dighire4u wrote: »
    Hi am looking for a diesel night heater for my Campervan a ford transit 2003 can anyone point me in the right road thanks.
    Eberspacher is a well known make, Mikuni as well. Mikuni have a small kit for around 700 stg that fits in to a motorhome.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Eberspacher or Webasto are the main (only) players. Don't think either are better. A 2kw one should be loads for a normal sized camper. Very light on diesel.
    Easy to pick up a cheap used 24v one from a truck but very hard to find a step up transformer unless you are willing to put in a complicated 2 battery system.
    Used 12v ones are harder to come by. Could try scrap yards, Ambulances, library vans, small busses would have them.
    I got one on ebay uk, worked great.

They need quiet a bit of power to get going then fairly light on the battery after that.
    Can be a little noisy when you are sleeping, especially outside the van should you have tents nearby.
    If fitted properly no risk of fumes but best to fit a CO alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why aren't Mikuni used more in MH's? They seem very affordable and while they aren't a big name in MH's they are very well known for their Carb and Fuel injection on motorcyles?
    http://www.mikuniheating.com/MYH16_V_kits.cfm
    Seem like good value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Not sure why Mikuni aren't used more. I am mostly familiar with the truck side of things and never seen them in trucks. As far as i know most motorhomes use Gas for heating, night heaters are seen more in van conversions. Gas uses less battery power and the heaters are a bit cheaper to buy and quieter when running.

Advertisement