Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Rental

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any short term rentals for professionals. It could be for 4 night / weekly / monthly.

It seems to be dog eat dog in the rental world of Galway at the moment :( and I am finding it very hard to get a suitable place.

I am thinking that I could rent short-term until i can suss things outs.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you look at daft.ie short term rentals?
    Also look at the regular ads, many won't have a limit at all and you pay per week.
    Also ring the places in Galway Advertiser, check the classifieds on Weds after 3?pm

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Thanks biko. Yea I am watching daft like a mad thing but to no avail yet. I am either getting no response or the places are gone. Thanks re the Galway Advertiser info. Will check it out.

When you say regular ads, what does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The regular ads are the daft ads for Letting (in case you were only looking under Short Term).
    Particularly outside the city centre the landlords are much more easy since demand is less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

a lot of the hostels do specials for working people. They are supposed to be a grand set up.

Cheers, yeah I am looking all over the place (well within 30min radius). It is proving very challenging!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

If you get get badly stuck and its for a very short term I have a spare room you can have foc.

Thanks gordongekko, that is very generous!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I know of a B&B on Tuam Road that do 'room only' lets for a few days per week. It's a few hundred metres from the N17/N6 junction.

Send me a PM if you want phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Have you tried Airbnb ?

Advertisement