Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Ireland

Options
  • 18-11-2013 4:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

Should Sky Sports News setup in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Sky Sports news is a channel that gives "news" about TV programmes on SKY Sports TV's schedule.

Unless they start covering greyhound racing from Shelbourne Park, Gaelic football from Hyde Park, or handball from Taghmon, I can't see myself prepared to pay an increase in subscriptions.

So, no is my answer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Indeed, by "Sky Sports News" they means its news about Sky Sports, not a Sky channel showing Sports News. If its not on Sky Sports (or, at a pinch, At The Races) it won't get a mention on Sky Sports News. We'll see this first hand from an Irish point of view next September when the Pro 12 rugby, which hardly merits a mention on Sky Sports News at present, suddenly gets onto Sky Sports News' agenda.

Worth its wait in gold for two things of course - Gilette Soccer Saturday (and its midweek cousin Soccer Special) and Transfer Deadline Day with Jim White. But otherwise, really its little more than a "shop window" for Sky Sports.

Advertisement