Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFS Rivals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I amgetting that with my PS4. Really looking forward to it as it does sound quite cool. It might be the first Need for speed that I will play online!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I amgetting that with my PS4. Really looking forward to it as it does sound quite cool. It might be the first Need for speed that I will play online!

I'll pick it up for the PS3 or 360, don't think I'll be missing a tremendous amount by not owning it on the new machines.
    Looks good though, my ocd to own every NFS game that I come across continues though, adding to the total number of gangs that, realistically, are never likely to be finished!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got it for 30 on g2play using discount code g5discount

Only had a few minutes on it so far, seems nice and arcadey.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got it for 30 on g2play using discount code g5discount

Only had a few minutes on it so far, seems nice and arcadey.

Pc version looks like a mess. Caped at 30fps, which pure madness for a pc title.

Pc version looks like a mess. Caped at 30fps, which pure madness for a pc title.

30 fps on all platforms? They have a reason of sorts.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-23-why-need-for-speed-rivals-runs-at-30-frames-per-second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I was sent a review copy, it's preloaded at home but I hadn't a chance to get stuck into it yet, so I hope to post a few words about it on Sunday or Monday - I'm gonna be busy with Eirtakon this weekend :)

Played a bit of it now, its not great too much **** flashing up on the screen. Losing your points if you crash or get busted should be interesting online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What's the AI of the cops like? Main reason I plan on buying the game would be for the cops AI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just downloading now.

Got board waiting for the boxing to get interesting and by the time I got my **** sorted and paid for the game the fight starts.

the_syco wrote: »
    What's the AI of the cops like? Main reason I plan on buying the game would be for the cops AI :D

Dont crash and you can lose them at any level of wanted, no city now its an outback town with lots of roads.

Its not floating my boat atm.

• Advertisement

Its a train wreck.

Can you not just drive around without every cop chasing you?

I dunno how many times I'm after winning a race only to have a cop drive passed me and start a pursuit.

Its ****ing stupid.

Fcukin "Overwatch"!!!!!

That has to be the single most stupid idea ever implemented into a game.

It ruins gameplay.

I gotta go to bed.

Dont crash and you can lose them at any level of wanted, no city now its an outback town with lots of roads.

Its not floating my boat atm.
    Ah, screw that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was hoping this would be a worth successor to Hot Pursuit which is my favourite NFS game by far, but it doesn't look like it, pity.

Whats very annoying is the whenever you get some coinage you have to stop off at a hideout.

This wouldn't be too annoying if it just meant driving through it like you would for a repair shop but you have to leave the game, wait 30 seconds at a loading screen.

Its annoying, it takes you out of the gaming world so instead of feeling like a wide open area to roam wherever you want it feels like a series of 5/10 minutes speed bursts.

Whats very annoying is the whenever you get some coinage you have to stop off at a hideout.

This wouldn't be too annoying if it just meant driving through it like you would for a repair shop but you have to leave the game, wait 30 seconds at a loading screen.

Its annoying, it takes you out of the gaming world so instead of feeling like a wide open area to roam wherever you want it feels like a series of 5/10 minutes speed bursts.

Tried online yet?

Its mad **** flashing up all over the shop, not evens ure if your racing a human or the AI cos both inhabit the online world.

Then the points thing is different. I took out the winner of a race I wasnt in and got 100,000 points from him :D He was so close to the hideout too :D

I took out the winner of a race I wasnt in and got 100,000 points from him :D He was so close to the hideout too :D
    Jeebus. I'd be tempted just to drive around trolling races :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My copy of Rivals on PS4 just turned up from Videogamesplus.ca. It had been quite a while since I ordered with them but I think I will end up using them a bit more now. Rivals was just €42 plus postage, not bad.

Now just need my PS4 to arrive.

• Advertisement

Its an average game, pumped in a few hours since it was released. Nothing great about it. Banking your credits is just s*it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's really good fun when you're actually racing, but the nonsense in between and the messiness of a total lack of structure makes it a bit disappointing. Linearity is not a bad thing in a racer

This game is fairly annoying, trying to play some more of it and regardless of how it looks plays sounds etc Simply trying to play a single player game doesnt work.

Maybe theres an option i missed that allows me to do time trials without 3 online players chasing me for the entire duration. Which if i wanted that would be fun but i like to play single player to unlock cars then race them online. NFS doesnt seem to have that option where i can drive around my own game without intrusion. Its AllDrive All The time.

Maybe i missed that option? I did look but its online or nothing as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Maybe theres an option i missed that allows me to do time trials without 3 online players chasing me for the entire duration. Which if i wanted that would be fun but i like to play single player to unlock cars then race them online. NFS doesnt seem to have that option where i can drive around my own game without intrusion. Its AllDrive All The time.

Maybe i missed that option? I did look but its online or nothing as far as I can see.

You can turn AllDrive off in the menus to play offline

This game is fairly annoying, trying to play some more of it and regardless of how it looks plays sounds etc Simply trying to play a single player game doesnt work.

Pretty sure they said you can play it offline and other players will be replaced by AI.

Pretty sure they said you can play it offline and other players will be replaced by AI.

yeah alldrive off as mentioned above. Havent checked but least i know its there now somewhere.

I have played two rounds now as a racer and have ended both without any points due to being busted. It is quite frustrating to complete the speedlist but end up empty handed. Guess I just need to get better.

Anyone here playing it on PS4?

I have played two rounds now as a racer and have ended both without any points due to being busted. It is quite frustrating to complete the speedlist but end up empty handed. Guess I just need to get better.

Anyone here playing it on PS4?

I got it for ps4, but have not even wrapped it off lol.

I got it for ps4, but have not even wrapped it off lol.

Grand. You are already on my friends list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Got the Xbox 360 version, unfortunately, it's a fairly buggy game, lots of pop-up and game in general doesn't look as good as previous iterations.

As well as the other problems everyone else has mentioned, banking the points every 10 mins is a bit silly. Gonna give it a few more goes but can't see it improving much

Advertisement