Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Limited to 12mbps on adsl2+ Exchange

Options
  • 18-11-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping I can get some help getting my profile availability for up to 24mbs activated on the Eircom Database.

Currently the highest profile activated for my line is 12mbps. My line should be capable of approximately 16mbps.

I'd appreciate your help with getting the database options for my line updated so I can avail of this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

iPhone. wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping I can get some help getting my profile availability for up to 24mbs activated on the Eircom Database.

Currently the highest profile activated for my line is 12mbps. My line should be capable of approximately 16mbps.

I'd appreciate your help with getting the database options for my line updated so I can avail of this.

Thanks.
    Hi iPhone.

Apologies for the delay in respnding to this thread, please PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Hi Alan,

Sent on a pm to you yesterday, forgot to post to let you know, thanks.

Hi Alan,

Sent on a pm to you yesterday, forgot to post to let you know, thanks.
    Hi iPhone.

Thanks, I had replied by PM at 3.03pm.

Al

Alan, got your pm, thanks.

How often would my line be checked for quality?

My broadband stats indicate my line should be capable of anywhere between 14 to 16mbps. Just wondering how often the quality is checked and the datababse updated accordingly by Eircom?

If it's not done regularly as a matter of course, is it possible to request it be carried out?

My broadband stats indicate my line should be capable of anywhere between 14 to 16mbps. Just wondering how often the quality is checked and the datababse updated accordingly by Eircom?

If it's not done regularly as a matter of course, is it possible to request it be carried out?
    Hi iPhone.

Operations have informed me that there is no defined schedule for testing lines but generally a test is performed every 2 to 3 months. Operations have also instructed me to make it clear that this cannot be conducted by request and further network and operational details on this would not be available to the public.

I can see your line was only tested in a couple of days ago (18th of November) and the result is up to 12mb.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi iPhone.

Operations have informed me that there is no defined schedule for testing lines but generally a test is performed every 2 to 3 months. Operations have also instructed me to make it clear that this cannot be conducted by request and further network and operational details on this would not be available to the public.

I can see your line was only tested in a couple of days ago (18th of November) and the result is up to 12mb.

Al
    Thanks Alan,

Can you tell me who carried out the line test on 18th November? i.e was it Eircom?

Also can you outline for me the process for having broadband profile options enabled on an individual landline?

Hi iPhone.

Al
    Thanks Alan,

Can you tell me who carried out the line test on 18th November? i.e was it Eircom?

Also can you outline for me the process for having broadband profile options enabled on an individual landline?
    Hi iPhone.

I'm afraid we would not have access to this information, as you are with another provider any operational information would need would have to come from them.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan, 

I think you only read the first bit of my last post.

My current provider told me that the database which controls which options are available to them for implementation on my phone line is maintained and controlled by Eircom, hence my previous question.

Hi Alan, 

I think you only read the first bit of my last post.

My current provider told me that the database which controls which options are available to them for implementation on my phone line is maintained and controlled by Eircom, hence my previous question.
    Hi iPhone.

I'm afraid I'm unable to provide such technical and operational details surrounding the enablement of broadband profiles on lines.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement