Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath - Belfast 12th December

Options
  • 18-11-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Really excited about this gig, love black sabbath and love the new album 13,

Is there anyone else here going ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

Come hell or high water.

Hope to be driving down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Im there.

They are the only band Ive never seen, still on my "to do" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Yep cannot wait now, only 3 weeks, driving up that day staying for the night, anyone recommend a good pub up there, never been , is it still dodgy up there or what's the craic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Belfast is a grand spot, There is "probably" spots best be avoided but Im guessing you cant go wrong if you stay central.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yep cannot wait now, only 3 weeks, driving up that day staying for the night, anyone recommend a good pub up there, never been , is it still dodgy up there or what's the craic ?

No dodgier than any reasonably sized city id say, Pubs id maybe suggest Laverys (http://www.laverysbelfast.com/) or the Stiff Kitten which is prob open till 3 on Thursday night day of gig. Im assuming the Limelight will prob host an after party but id stay clear of that its a bit clublike and beer served in plastic cups no thanks!

• Advertisement

Cheers for that folks :)

Anybody have any idea of how long it takes to drive up?

The best part of 2 hours so I've been told

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

very excited for this. been counting the days for weeks.

Re; aftershow. Was up for NIN in august and Limelight had the "official afterparty". the queue was 5 deep and the length of the street. As was said it is very "clubby" and if you're an oul lad like myself you may want to avoid it. Lavery's is always good craic. Filthy mcNasties, around the corner from Limelight, is decent too and has a substantial beer garden should outdoor carousing in Belfast in December seem like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Voodoo is closer to the Odyssey and has an afterparty. Most other places are a half-mile further!

http://www.voodoobelfast.com/events.php?&actID=65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anybody have any idea of how long it takes to drive up?

Well now, that would all depend on where you're starting from!

Well now, that would all depend on where you're starting from!

Sh*t popped up, I gonna be over in London the week of the gig. Bagged a flight for €41 euro from Stanstead to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

How strict are the staff at the Odyssey with SLR cameras?

I bring mine regularly to gigs and really want to bring it to Sabbath, but folk at the recent Depeche Mode gig suggest there's a "pat down" when entering.

Any advise appreciated.

Anyone know who's is the support for this gig ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anyone know who's is the support for this gig ?

Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

poundhound wrote: »
    How strict are the staff at the Odyssey with SLR cameras?

I bring mine regularly to gigs and really want to bring it to Sabbath, but folk at the recent Depeche Mode gig suggest there's a "pat down" when entering.

Any advise appreciated.

In Belfast, a pat down is inevitable. How strict they will be on an SLR camera, though, I'm not sure. If it was my camera, I probably wouldn't want to chance it.

Wait until you see the bizarre ticket system they operate there, too... :D

Thought there would have been more of a buzz around these parts about the gig to be honest.

I cant wait for it!!!

booked the aircoach tickets today. the excitement is mounting.

I've hardly considered xmas and prob won't until I get back from this!

Love the name of that opening act, will have to look them up. \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

blastman wrote: »
    In Belfast, a pat down is inevitable. How strict they will be on an SLR camera, though, I'm not sure. If it was my camera, I probably wouldn't want to chance it.

Wait until you see the bizarre ticket system they operate there, too... :D

Ticket system for admission or beer or what!? Doesn't sound very promising.

edhead wrote: »
    Ticket system for admission or beer or what!? Doesn't sound very promising.

Nah, nothing like that. They take your ticket off you when you go in, the whole thing. If you want it, you can get a ticket back on the way out after the gig (not your exact ticket, obviously, just a ticket), there are staff standing around handing them out.. It's a weird way to do it, I've never seen it done in any other venue and I still can't work out what the point of it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Nah, nothing like that. They take your ticket off you when you go in, the whole thing. If you want it, you can get a ticket back on the way out after the gig (not your exact ticket, obviously, just a ticket), there are staff standing around handing them out.. It's a weird way to do it, I've never seen it done in any other venue and I still can't work out what the point of it is.

Thats just plain daft. As someone who probably has over 150 ticket stubs at home, I expect to get one back or I'll unleash the hounds of hell!

Thats just plain daft. As someone who probably has over 150 ticket stubs at home, I expect to get one back or I'll unleash the hounds of hell!

if it's a good enough show, few will notice additional hounds :D

To be fair, it seems to work, I've always got a ticket back at any gig I've been to there. Actually got two back the last gig I was at :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

To be fair, it seems to work, I've always got a ticket back at any gig I've been to there. Actually go ttwo back the last gig I was at :D

I have never had any trouble getting a ticket back, but I do find it very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Really looking forward to this \m/

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It seems they're doing the same as a lot of bands these days and playing the same set night after night. Good set though :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

they do that in a few academies in england as well, the manchester arena don't let you keep your ticket at all and don't hand any out afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LoneAtom

gig buddy?

Anyone know set times ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone know set times ?

From the venues facebook

Doors:18:30
    Uncle Acid:19:30
    Black Sabbath:20:30
    Show end:TBC