Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found twig in aldi potato wedge

Options
  • 18-11-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

hi can i got some advise please my young lad was eating some potato wedges this evening bought from aldi but when he was eating one of the wedges he found a twig in one of them can i get some advise should i get on to aldi about the find or just move on and forget about it
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Are you sure it's a twig and not just where the potato got some time to sprout a bit before going through processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

To be honest I'd just forget about it, but that's me. If you want to write and advise the suppliers in case they want to investigate, I'm sure they would be appreciative of the feedback. I would do this rather than go back to Aldi.
    I'm sure others will say to sue for distress and trauma. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i am 100% sure its a wood twig it was running nearly the full length of the inside of the wedge

To be honest I'd just forget about it, but that's me. If you want to write and advise the suppliers in case they want to investigate, I'm sure they would be appreciative of the feedback. I would do this rather than go back to Aldi.
    I'm sure others will say to sue for distress and trauma. :)

when i looked at the part of your post about stress and trauma i had a little giggle because the young lad left that wedge to one side and scoffed the rest of them so there was no stress and trauma experienced there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

smokin ace wrote: »
    i am 100% sure its a wood twig it was running nearly the full length of the inside of the wedge

That doesn't look like wood to me, it looks very much like a potato sprout. If it had a woody texture it's probably because it had been dried out by processing ... baked/deep fried and/or frozen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

slimjimmc wrote: »
    That doesn't look like wood to me, it looks very much like a potato sprout. If it had a woody texture it's probably because it had been dried out by processing ... baked/deep fried and/or frozen

It is probably a root from a weed that was growing next to the potatoes in the field, I have often found these bits of roots growing into potatoes. they are usually "weeded" out during processing and quality checks but some will get through the net due to the volume of potato wedges produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

id inform aldi. They're generally fairly decent about quality control

i put it into a bag and brought it back into my local aldi shop and when i showed it to the manager he said it was very bad and was unacceptable(HIS EXACT WORDS) i went back because i had the receipt and the rest of the bag just expecting to get a refund and i did but he got me to fill out a customer complaint form and he faxed it to aldi head office when i was there and he said he would send the object away for testing because he said it could be anything and it should not be there even though i still think it looks like a twig he said head office will get back to me tomorrow and he could not apologize enough over it so we will see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zworkian

Hi, any news on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

eating potato wedges? next thing people will be taking their children to Aldi look at what these wedges did to my children making them obese! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@stinicker please post on topic

dudara

i have heard noting back from them so far

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Similar example - I nearly broke my tooth on a piece of plastic /ceramic that I found in a bag of posh UK crisps. I sent it back to them and they wrote me a nice letter and sent me a small box with about 10 bags of crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭Doge

I found a dead spider a few weeks ago in a punnet (that not half sounds posh!) of Red Crimson grapes i bought from Dunnes Stores.

Luckily it was only a small one, it was wrapped in a cocoon of web.

I didn't bother reporting it at the time, but looking back i probably should have.

I remember seeing bits of spider web being in their grapes on 2 other occasions.

Advertisement