Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for @Boards_ie / Admin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Nuri I really think you're looking into this too much.
    I figure maybe email Boards itself or else hope an admin sees this.

AFAIK the Twitter account would be run from the office so you'll be waiting till tomorrow (about 9am-5pm GMT, that's EST/NY time +5) for an answer if you're lucky.
    If you email them you'll be guaranteed a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll.

It really is that simple, especially on twitter.

Free pass for pretty disgusting behaviour it is so.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi folks,
    I have read all of this thread and will formulate a response to you shortly - just letting you know that the thread has been seen, I'll be back :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

emmm he (and his family) got racially abused by this guy. :confused:

look the way I see it there is a couple of regular posters over on the Man Utd thread who know who this cretin is, not personally, but from being on that forum.
    Grow a set and report him to the admins on boards.ie who at least could do an audit trail on his previous closed down(and banned accounts) so they at least can make sure we never have to suffer his presence on here again.

Nuri can take care of himself over on Twitter. I am confident of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If boards can do anything about it is another question but saying he's reading too much into abuse of family members, not to mention racist stuff? Really?

That sort of behaviour shouldn't be let slide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Agueroooo wrote: »
    emmm he (and his family) got racially abused by this guy. :confused:

look the way I see it there is a couple of regular posters over on the Man Utd thread who know who this cretin is, not personally, but from being on that forum.
    Grow a set and report him to the admins on boards.ie who at least could do an audit trail on his previous closed down(and banned accounts) so they at least can make sure we never have to suffer his presence on here again.

Nuri can take care of himself over on Twitter. I am confident of that.

I know a number of regulars have asked me who it is, so it would appear no one knows who it is (bar the person themselves). So don't go accusing the United regulars of condoning or ignoring such behaviour.

Wonder why Nuri has irked this person so much though, not like Nuri PMs people obsessively or abusively on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

It is somewhat ironic that the OP is on here pleading harassment given his history of sending repeated unsolicited PMs here on boards.ie. I have first hand experience of this

I know a number of regulars have asked me who it is, so it would appear no one knows who it is (bar the person themselves). So don't go accusing the United regulars of condoning or ignoring such behaviour.

Wonder why Nuri has irked this person so much though, not like Nuri PMs people obsessively or abusively on here.

:confused: no accusation intended, but I am confident someone over there knows who it is hence why it seems the question has been circulated on that thread amongst the regulars
    I know a number of regulars have asked me who it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Folks, this is not an opportunity to have a pot shot at the OP-we've been made aware of something and are now investigating.

When we can, we will update. In the meantime, please refrain from speculating on the account holder's identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

KevIRL wrote: »
    It is somewhat ironic that the OP is on here pleading harassment given his history of sending repeated unsolicited PMs here on boards.ie. I have first hand experience of this

And I take it you reported this "harassment"? If you did it was most likely acted upon. If you didn't that's you being silly then IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Grow a set and report him to the admins on boards.ie who at least could do an audit trail on his previous closed down(and banned accounts) so they at least can make sure we never have to suffer his presence on here again.'
    I know who it is. Nuri knows who it is. The first few people to reply on this thread know who it is. I'm pretty sure there was a tag on one of the Liverpool threads alluding to who it is.
    Why should it be up to people on the United thread to do anything about it?
    Odd post :confused:

All that can really be done here is for the official boards account to click unfollow on Twitter and prevent re-registering on this site.
    Anything else you would imagine would have to be pursued through other avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

amiable wrote: »
    And I take it you reported this "harassment"? If you did it was most likely acted upon. If you didn't that's you being silly then IMO.

I did indeed report the unsolicited PM's. What action (if any) was taken I don't know.

In light of Nicola's post above I won't say anything further on it.

KevIRL wrote: »
    I did indeed report the unsolicited PM's. What action (if any) was taken I don't know.

In light of Nicola's post above I won't say anything further on it.

Well then this is hardly the place to be discussing it. You seem to be implying that no action was taken. If that is the case then maybe it was because none was necessary.

I know who it is. Nuri knows who it is. The first few people to reply on this thread know who it is. I'm pretty sure there was a tag on one of the Liverpool threads alluding to who it is.
    ^^nothing more than speculation.

besides this sad person has admitted to leading people down garden paths, and would have no problem in someone else taking the rap for his disgusting racial abuse and general scummy behaviour.
    We are not dealing with your run of the mill troll here:

281012.PNG

281013.PNG

Why should it be up to people on the United thread to do anything about it?
    there has been more 1to1 correspondence between this individual and Utd regulars on Twitter, so more chance of them knowing the boards i.d, and less chance of speculation
    Odd post :confused:
    I fail to see how you couldn't grasp how those on the UTD thread may have a better chance of knowing who it is, so I fail to see how it is an odd post?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Free pass for pretty disgusting behaviour it is so.
    It's Twitter.

The scenario of some loser spouting crap in a pathetic attempt to increase their self esteem has been and will continue to be a harsh reality of said kip.

Those abused have realistically only 1 option, block the abuser and move on.

Or they could complain about it on an independent website I suppose..:rolleyes:

Who cares?

Block the user on Twitter and move on. As people have stated I doubt Boards even knew that they were following an account like that so the paranoia surrounding that is a bit over the top in my opinion.

Are we all bad people for following Frankie Boyle on Twitter when he comes out with his regular controversial opinion or sick jokes? The internet is a big place I think anyone being abused by this person should just get over it to be honest as this is all very dramatic & you're given him/her the reaction they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Frankie Boyle doesn't single out individuals and start bringing in their family members, race, and other personal factors.

I'd be all for saying block and move on if it wasn't for the involving of family, and the fact that people seemingly have an idea as to who it may be.

Not sure as to what Boards can do, apart from block the user from this site. Everything on Twitter will have to be dealt with on Twitter, I would assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I fail to see how you couldn't grasp how those on the UTD thread may have a better chance of knowing who it is, so I fail to see how it is an odd post?
    If it's not who everyone thinks it is then it's somebody impersonating him.
    Either way, what do you expect anybody on boards to do with a couple of old usernames?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Knex. wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle doesn't single out individuals and start bringing in their family members, race, and other personal factors.

I'd be all for saying block and move on if it wasn't for the involving of family, and the fact that people seemingly have an idea as to who it may be.

Not sure as to what Boards can do, apart from block the user from this site. Everything on Twitter will have to be dealt with on Twitter, I would assume.

Really? You must have missed the whole Katie Price debacle so.

January wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking when I used him as an example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

January wrote: »

I did indeed. My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

re: bullying on twitter.... there's not a huge amount we, on boards, can do. If you have the identity of the twitter user then I would suggest reporting them to twitter and/or the relevant authorities, if you want it to be dealt with beyond the twitter website then make a legal issue of it.

re: boards.ie following that account.
    1. there's a boards.ie twitter account?
    2. Nicola will be responding here about that so I wont speculate.

ps. please stop the speculation about what boards account belongs to which twitter account. Unless the owner comes in and says "its me" then all the guessing is just that, guessing and you risk unfairly accusing an innocent user.

If it's not who everyone thinks it is then it's somebody impersonating him.
    Either way, what do you expect anybody on boards to do with a couple of old usernames?

see my edit to the post you replied to.

guys got issues

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'd like to know why @Boards_ie is following this Twitter account (https://twitter.com/boardseye) which was created in the first place to seemingly stalk, threaten and insult my good self regularly, including stooping as low to racially insult me and my family before deleting said Tweets? Not only just myself to be fair, but continually attempt to rile my fellow Liverpool supporting Boardsies too. Generally, the account is quite venomous and simply put, small time on most other topics other than Manchester United as it can be seen by the timeline presented.

Just to go into a bit more further detail. I was the first account Mr. Boardseye followed, but I had noticed the official boards Twitter account was following him before I accepted his request to follow me. Dare I suggest someone or some people at Boards, be that admin, CMods, mods or posters know who is running the account? Well, I reckon someone certainly does know who this cretin is, yes. I have more than an inkling as to who it is myself. It could be a handful of people, but for me, it's between a couple of individuals who I'll not name unless asked. I should state that I've also politely asked him in the past asking who he was on Boards, but he refused to say who he was. I can forward this conversation via Twitter DM if need be.

Lastly, let me just state, I'm well able to handle myself and insults at myself, but when it comes insulting my family, well it's another level as is for most people I'd like to think, and once again I question why this site's Twitter account follows such an account. I don't think stalking and racism is condoned here, maybe I'm wrong.

Nuri, I'm very sorry if you felt that us following the @boardseye account meant that we supported or endorsed anything said by them. It does not. I had not seen any of their other tweets; I/we only have time to read any @ replies or mentions of Boards.ie that come up.

If any Boards user engages with us on Twitter, I follow them from the @boards_ie account. We like to follow Boardsies back. We followed @boardseye as it appeared to be a Boards user. Following another account does not in any way endorse anything that they have tweeted, are tweeting or may tweet in the future or any of their views. It simply means we want to see what they say, good or bad when we happen to be reading twitter.

The only account whose tweets we can be held and are responsible for are our own, from the @boards_ie account. We take bullying and harassment very seriously and will not tolerate it on Boards.ie. If any incidents of this have occurred on Boards, please do report it to hello@boards.ie or report the posts/PMs in question to us; we will investigate and take any action we deem necessary. Have you reported the account to Twitter for abuse? We will be doing so this morning, please do the same if you haven't already. You can do it here. Why didn't you report this to us before now?

Lastly, some people have alluded to our social media manager. Let me say that on the Boards team we do not have a 'social media manager'. We have a Niamh. I do lots of things, Twitter and Facebook are a small part of that and are done in between answering emails to hello@boards.ie, replying to threads such as this one, settling disputes, banning spammers, looking after Talk to forums and Verified Rep Accounts, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It's Twitter.

The scenario of some loser spouting crap in a pathetic attempt to increase their self esteem has been and will continue to be a harsh reality of said kip.

Those abused have realistically only 1 option, block the abuser and move on.

Or they could complain about it on an independent website I suppose..:rolleyes:

If it is as personal as the OP suggests he's entitled to do a lot more than just block the user. He's perfectly entitled to report it on Twitter and have them investigate.

The OP is also perfectly entitled to raise the issue here if he feels someone is privvy to information on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

We take bullying and harassment very seriously and will not tolerate it on Boards.ie.

:rolleyes:

not in my experience.

I reported a user for bullying and harassment, an admin engaged with me for a shirt while, the unsurprisingly all went quiet.

I know it's because of my history and whatnot, but "Boards" takes seriously the bullying and harassment it wants to, from the people who shout the loudest about it, like the OP.

But the OP himself has been quite content to send abusive PMs, unsolicited usually, the Admins are aware of it, from at least 2 users that I am aware of, if not more (AND bring twitter into it by the way), and is still allowed to post away on here, and it's only now when he starts a feedback thread that you decide to get involved with him.

Smacks of double standards. It's having friends in high places indeed.

Oh look, poor Nuri, serial PMer, who has been reported for it and nothing done is now on the receiving end of a bit of nastiness.

Forgive me if I'm less than concerned.

But it generates content, so all's good, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If someone came on here and admitted that they were behind the Twitter account, would anything be done?

I'd just like to say that Twitter in my opinion is notoriously bad for acting on abuse and bullying on their website and is a massive bone of contention for plenty of people.
    This is of course not Boards fault but I thought it would be worth mentioning here as so many seem to be encouraging the OP to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

not in my experience.

I reported a user for bullying and harassment, an admin engaged with me for a shirt while, the unsurprisingly all went quiet.

I know it's because of my history and whatnot, but "Boards" takes seriously the bullying and harassment it wants to, from the people who shout the loudest about it, like the OP.

But the OP himself has been quite content to send abusive PMs, unsolicited usually, the Admins are aware of it, from at least 2 users that I am aware of, if not more (AND bring twitter into it by the way), and is still allowed to post away on here, and it's only now when he starts a feedback thread that you decide to get involved with him.

Oh look, poor Nuri, serial PMer, who has been reported for it and nothing done is now on the receiving end of a bit of nastiness.

So being racially abused is a bit of nastiness?

Stay fcuking classy.

• Advertisement

not in my experience.

So then if the OP has broke rules in the past himself he then loses all rights to report abuse aimed at him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement