Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurants in Adare

Options
  • 18-11-2013 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,
    As the title suggests, i'm going to Adare on the 30/31st of Dec, we're staying in the Dunraven Arms.
    Could anyone suggest a nice restaurant in the town?
    Thanks

Mods: you can delete the thread if you like when (if!) i get a few replies
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Mustard Seed is a possibility, not sure if it's open over the Christmas period and it's not in Adare. It's a few miles outside the village in Ballingarry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Great thanks a million, i'll have a look online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The Wild Geese - hands down one of the best places i have ever eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

You're spoilt for choice!
    The Blue Door is really good, as is the Manor! The dining room in the Dunraven is really good as well!
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a new restaurant out there across from Dunraven thats been getting rave reviews, its something like 1832 or some numerical name - check it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's a new restaurant out there across from Dunraven thats been getting rave reviews, its something like 1832 or some numerical name - check it out

1826, the menu is quite limited to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

I've only eaten in The Blue Door in Adare but it was very good, can't say whether it is the best though.

Thanks a million for all your feedback, i've had a look at a few of their websites and they look great. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kebris

The golf club in the grounds of the Manor - good food, and warm, casual atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Food in Dunraven Arms itself is very very good. Although I would recommend Sunday lunch there.
    If you wan't a fantastic dinner, then the Adare Manor hotel and the Mustard Seed (in Ballingarry) are excellant by any standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

testicle wrote: »
    1826, the menu is quite limited to be honest.

Not sure if its "business as usual" there right now, but I just passed it and they're thatching the roof, scaffolding and straw everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Not sure if its "business as usual" there right now, but I just passed it and they're thatching the roof, scaffolding and straw everywhere!

I think they're still open. It's not thatched right through if you know what I mean, there's a wooden vaulted ceiling in the cottage part, and there's plastic where the thatch is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 biscutgirl

1826 got a positive review in Saturday's Irish Times. However, I think the menu is average and the service is terrible. The staff have no idea what they are doing. If you want something special in Adare then it has to be The Manor. I bet they have something really special going on for New Year's Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

If you can then I'd spring for the Manor, I just love the place for special occasions, after that the wild geese, then the blue door… all good options. Just ring ahead and make sure there are bookings available, they are all very popular with locals and tourists alike!

Thanks everybody, we ended up going to the Blue Door and it was great. Adare is a lovely village altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 limericklad14

Glad you had a good experience at the Blue Door. We're local enough to Adare and never had a bad experience there!

Advertisement