Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Transfer from AGS

Options
  • 18-11-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all new to this site and have been looking at some of the posts previous. currently serving member of AGS and was thinking of a move to PSNI I am aware that they are not recruiting at present as it has closed but does anybody have any info on when they might recruit and can you transfer to PSNI from AGS or do you have to apply from the start?? any info much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

schmack84 wrote: »
    Hi all new to this site and have been looking at some of the posts previous. currently serving member of AGS and was thinking of a move to PSNI I am aware that they are not recruiting at present as it has closed but does anybody have any info on when they might recruit and can you transfer to PSNI from AGS or do you have to apply from the start?? any info much appreciated thanks.

You missed the transfer window a few months ago, transferees are currently in the PSNI college i believe !

You should check about doing a Garda-Psni exchange first, that way you can get a taster for it before making the leap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 schmack84

Ye I figured that alright was just looking for a bit of info also have applied for the transfer but dont think theres any till 2014 applied last year so time will tell thanks for the reply anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toyota 1976

hi 84,

I am newish is to this is as well psni were looking for Gardai, currently serving one about a year back, i think aopx 100, experniced officers, also they did hold a recuritment drive no more than about six weeks ago, they held it open for about a month, there is i think a rumor going around that they might ??? hold a secon recuritment in some part 2014 only a rumor, 3 years i held out, watching for the date, then you have to have ecdl course, they do check it, offqual ni version i think of fetac ??? ecdl never saw coming, some curve ball, so will have to wait a while longer

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Merseyside

Howdy,

I transferred over here from England in the last batch of transferees. There were no AGS on the course although a number did apply. For one reason or another, none made it to appointment stage.

Due to the 'value for money' transferees represent, I'm sure there will be future campaigns.

Keep an eye on Police Oracle and psni website.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Merseyside wrote: »
    Howdy,

I transferred over here from England in the last batch of transferees.

I know it's slightly off topic but what made you want to transfer over here? After reading the post on the other thread about how backward the psni is compared to other forces I wonder why people still want to do it. At least the test of us will know no different if we make the grade and get in ;)

• Advertisement

19087 wrote: »
    I know it's slightly off topic but what made you want to transfer over here? After reading the post on the other thread about how backward the psni is compared to other forces I wonder why people still want to do it. At least the test of us will know no different if we make the grade and get in ;)

I'm from Belfast, lived away for 10 years and have a family now. For me, it was time to come back.

To a new recruit, you won't know enough to realise how different policing here is.

For me, it's a slow process of re- adjusting my mindset and processes. It's essentially the same job, but it couldn't be more different.

Merseyside wrote: »
    I'm from Belfast, lived away for 10 years and have a family now. For me, it was time to come back.

Fair enough, I had been away for some time too and wanted to come home - turns out I did so just in time for the end of the recruitment freeze! Hope it all works out for you and your family back here.

Fair enough, I had been away for some time too and wanted to come home - turns out I did so just in time for the end of the recruitment freeze! Hope it all works out for you and your family back here.

Thanks dude. You too

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elza_30

Hi, I nearly applied last year for the transfer to psni however the time wasn't right for me. I'm now definately considering it but no idea when they will re advertise, is there any rumours? I'm currently 10 years in the job with police scotland.
    Cheers

Elza_30 wrote: »
    Hi, I nearly applied last year for the transfer to psni however the time wasn't right for me. I'm now definately considering it but no idea when they will re advertise, is there any rumours? I'm currently 10 years in the job with police scotland.
    Cheers

The rumours have it that they will do another round of transfers next year, so that could work out well for you! As long as you don't mind at least 12 months back on response...

• Advertisement

The rumours have it that they will do another round of transfers next year, so that could work out well for you! As long as you don't mind at least 12 months back on response...

Would that mean an advertisement this year at some point? I've been mon to fri for a couple of years now in a office role which I've heard is hard to come by any way over on n.i. But tbh I'd be pretty keen to get back out there.

Would that mean an advertisement this year at some point? I've been mon to fri for a couple of years now in a office role which I've heard is hard to come by any way over on n.i. But tbh I'd be pretty keen to get back out there.

To be honest that's all I know at the minute, asked a friend who transferred last year after i read your post and they said that's what they had heard was happening. Believe it's a minimum of 12 months in response before you can even think about going for anything else. The package on offer is pretty good, especially if you're keen to come over anyway. I suppose all you can do is keep your ear to the ground (no doubt it will be mentioned on here as soon as it is advertised!)

To be honest that's all I know at the minute, asked a friend who transferred last year after i read your post and they said that's what they had heard was happening. Believe it's a minimum of 12 months in response before you can even think about going for anything else. The package on offer is pretty good, especially if you're keen to come over anyway. I suppose all you can do is keep your ear to the ground (no doubt it will be mentioned on here as soon as it is advertised!)

I'll keep my eyes peeled, been away from home 14 years now and it's time to return!

I'll keep my eyes peeled, been away from home 14 years now and it's time to return!

Good luck, hope it works out for you - there's no place like home!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Richyroberts

I am wondering what is the process or if there is one from transferring from the Republic?an garda Siochana (rep police force

Advertisement