Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to find out who Receiver is on property sale

Options
  • 18-11-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

House I'm looking at is being sold by an Auctioneer via a receiver. Does anyone know if its possible to find out who the receiver (Bank) is and contact them directly?

Reason I'm asking is because I've been told that someone has contacted the receiver directly and I'm wondering how is that possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 NewRunnerRoy

I would ask the estate agents who the receiver is. If they are Nama appointed they could be listed here http://www.irishhouses.ie/nama/nama-dublin-residential-property-for-sale.php

There isn't much point in contacting a receivers firm directly IMHO as they will take advice directly from the estate agents.

Sorry thought estate agents were looking after sale. The auctioneer should provide this info also

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Martin Blank

I would ask the estate agents who the receiver is. If they are Nama appointed they could be listed here http://www.irishhouses.ie/nama/nama-dublin-residential-property-for-sale.php

There isn't much point in contacting a receivers firm directly IMHO as they will take advice directly from the estate agents.

Sorry thought estate agents were looking after sale. The auctioneer should provide this info also

Thanks very much for your reply.

Problem I have is that I'm dealing with the auctioneer and he is coming up with a story of a bidder through the receiver, of which I don't believe is real and a way of pushing price up.

Why would anyone go directly through a receiver than through the auctioneer, so I tried to find out who the receiver is and not having any luck.

Property not in Dublin, how else do I find out who the seller is?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 NewRunnerRoy

This to me sounds like the auctioneer is playing games. I would google the address of the property and see if there has been anything put up about it in the last while.

Many receivers will not deal with potential buyers directly if they have already engaged with an auctioneer. Is their a date scheduled for the auction of the property?

If the receiver has been appointed over assets that have personal gurantees attached to them then they will almost always sell the asset on the open market to ensure transparency (so they can prove that they got the highest price).

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

This to me sounds like the auctioneer is playing games. I would google the address of the property and see if there has been anything put up about it in the last while.

Many receivers will not deal with potential buyers directly if they have already engaged with an auctioneer. Is their a date scheduled for the auction of the property?

If the receiver has been appointed over assets that have personal gurantees attached to them then they will almost always sell the asset on the open market to ensure transparency (so they can prove that they got the highest price).

It sounds perfectly plausible to me.
    The receiver may be looking at liquidating assets in individual lots, in their entirety, or in what ever maner makes most sense for the creditors.
    Indeed the other party could be a creditor.

Advertisement