Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda adult caution

Options
  • 18-11-2013 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I recently received a letter explaining that i am suitable for an adult caution, due to a d&d incident and will have to go into the garda station to accept it :S i was just wondering can anyone explain to me what will happen when i go into the garda station and how long it will take? dreading it!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 alphawhizz13

ok thanks :) was just wondering has anyone actually received a caution before and can tell me what to expect on the day? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

A couple of minutes where an Inspector (usually) will outline the reasons why you are getting a caution, he should also inform you that it is only held on record locally and will not show up on vetting checks etc..
    If you were to offend again and appeared in court and were convicted it can be mentioned to the judge that you previously received an adult caution.

Fairly painless and intended to give joe soap a chance rather than receive a conviction for first time offending in minor incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

I remember when I got mine it was just a quick conversation with the Inspector. They asked about what happened, said my behaviour was unaccaeptable but I was getting a chance not to go to court and get a conviction as that could affect employment/travel etc. Then i was asked if i wanted to say anything about what happened. He said that if I was in trouble again and it court the fact that I now had an adult caution could be brought up.

I was waiting maybe half an hour after the time I was told to be there before I saw the Inspector. There were a few others there for the same thing so I suppose they pick a day and have a whole load of people come in for cautions. It was like being at school and waiting outside the principal's office after you got into trouble for something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 alphawhizz13

ok thanks very much for your replies :) hopefully it be grand. doesnt sound as bad as i expected!!

Advertisement