Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband No phone line

Options
  • 18-11-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am looking to get unlimited broadband (no cap or fair usage policy) but do not have a phone line and am not really interested in getting a phoneline. My question is, do I need a phone line or is there any companies that offer a package with no phone line? I was aware of 3 offering a package like that but there coverage and download speeds are poor in my area.(midlands)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

UPC if you can get it or Fixed wireless require no phone line. Fixed wireless will depend on the company if it's "unlimited" I'm with Nova fixed wireless and it's unlimited but, I'm only allowed 20GB download limit at full speed a day. If I were to go over that they slow the speed down. So technically it is unlimited. UPC is unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Are Irish Broadband or Clearwire still around? They never had to have a phone line for broadband. Speeds were not great and depends on the area, but if no phone line is your only option then check both those out.

Again, not sure if they're still around to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

sambora wrote: »
    Are Irish Broadband or Clearwire still around? They never had to have a phone line for broadband. Speeds were not great and depends on the area, but if no phone line is your only option then check both those out.

Again, not sure if they're still around to be honest.

Didn't Irish Broadband become, Magnet https://www.magnet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

give UPC a ring or ask over on the UPC thread to see if there available where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

also have a look st uswitch will list all BB you can get wired and wireless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

All of the 'fibre' providers can do broadband without a phone service now or 'naked VDSL'.

Your broadband comes in through the phone line, but there's no phone service on it.

Not sure if that would be any good to you, but it's an option.

Advertisement