Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone number says Fibre enabled Vodafone say it isnt...

• 18-11-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Seem to be getting messed around with Vodafone.

They tell me months ago my exchange will be fibre enabled 1st of November. So I phone 1st of November place an order and am told I will get 30 mb blah blah etc. I will get a text in a few days with engineer detail. I wait a week before phoning back. I am then told order cancelled since no fibre... The agent then checks and says yes there is fibre and escalates it to ordering department...

Roll forward another week I phone to find that my order is cancelled again!! This time agent is unable to offer any explanation but just tells me to call back in another month...

Anyone else experienced this? The exchange is definitely upgraded and has been for some time it only became live i.e showing my number as fibre enabled at the beginning of the month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Xcellor wrote: »

They tell me months ago my exchange will be fibre enabled 1st of November. So I phone 1st of November place an order and am told I will get 30 mb blah blah etc. I will get a text in a few days with engineer detail. I wait a week before phoning back. I am then told order cancelled since no fibre... The agent then checks and says yes there is fibre and escalates it to ordering department...

Roll forward another week I phone to find that my order is cancelled again!! This time agent is unable to offer any explanation but just tells me to call back in another month...

Anyone else experienced this? The exchange is definitely upgraded and has been for some time it only became live i.e showing my number as fibre enabled at the beginning of the month.

I ordered fibre off eircom. Number was saying it was available for about 3 weeks. Went ahead and ordered from eircom on Friday. Rang eircom today and fibre is not available at my number. Seems to be a common issue.

I ordered fibre off eircom. Number was saying it was available for about 3 weeks. Went ahead and ordered from eircom on Friday. Rang eircom today and fibre is not available at my number. Seems to be a common issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Good at least im not alone. I contacted Eircom wholesale about it since I reckon its their side that has the problem. Some system not in synch. Did Eircom retail offer any explanation?

They said it would be active on 27 and ring back on 28th. As I have ordered already an order will automatically appear for my number. Believe that when I see it. They said the particular cabinet I am connected is not active.

• Advertisement
Advertisement