Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need To Get Rid of Back and Stomach Fat?

Options
  • 18-11-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Okay, I don't want to hear about healthy diet, etc. I am here for advice on what I can do with this problem.

I am 26, female, 5'5'', 150lbs, I don't drink or smoke, no red meat, only drink water. I have one major problem...chocolate. I usually eat it everyday and large amounts but am stopping this so I can lose an area of my body that constantly seems bloated.

I 2 stone a while back and have managed to keep it off for over a year now, but the one area that seems to cause me the most bother is my stomach, or my sides, and back fat, the bit under the bra.

I can't seem to lose it. Now, I know I just finished my periods yesterday and am still getting some cramping, so I don't know if that is making me appear more bloated and rounder on the middle. From the side it looks very bloated on the top of my stomach below my bra.

I have a sedentary lifestyle, at home most of the day, except for walking the dogs, and I do try to do a little exercise, squats, push backs on chair, side lunges, half moon pose for my sides.

I don't know how to reduce this, I want to slim this down, reduce it drastically, from my back, and from the front, these are honestly the only areas I am carrying that bit of extra weight or water weight I am unsure.

What can I eat or drink to reduce this? What exercises can help remove the back fat and bloated appearance fast?

I've cut the chocolate from my daily food intake, I will now only have one day (Saturday) where I will allow myself some chocolate. I'm trying to drink masses of water. Please, nobody suggest avacados I hate them.

I've also tried to cut carbs as well, I only have one slice of toast, or with my dinner, a baked potato instead of mash.

I don't know what else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You can't target where you want to lose fat from. You just have to lose fat and hope it comes from those areas first.

If you've a sedentary lifestyle, then exercise more.

Having a baked potato instead of mash isn't necessarily reducing carb intake, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

You just need to loose weight.
    No special food, no special diet, no special exercise.
    Just eat less.

I am not being smart, but so many people waste their time on special teas, crazy exercise etc... And its all just about loosing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mischamilo wrote: »
    Okay, I don't want to hear about healthy diet, etc.

You realise you've posted on a "Nutrition & Diet" forum, right? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mischamilo

Yes I do, and their are many people out there who have had rapid weight loss without taking the long route, just to help them along. I have a healthy diet, I just need to get rid of the weight where it's only left, which is under my bra line (back fat), and my tummy, that is literally the only place to fat/bloat or water retention (whichever it is) is sticking, and I've tried the long, long steady route and it doesn't really work and becomes tiresome, anyone would admit that. I want something that is quick working, that shows results fast, no matter how hard it is.

Theirs always a solution, I just haven't found it yet, and I only ask for advice, I don't need anyone mocking me, or telling me it's not right. It's not a permanent thing I'm doing, it's to get rid of the tough areas that have not gone like the other areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

As has been pointed out you can't lose fat off particular areas, just all over. At my ideal weight (when I think my face, stomach and arms look best) I have no ass and quite lean legs, nothing I can do about it, have to accept either a bit of an ass and regular sized legs with a bit more belly and fuller face or less of everything, that's the hand I've been dealt. If you want to lose weight off those areas you have to keep going with your overall weightloss, and eventually you will lose the excess fat from those areas too.

While there are quick/cheat ways of losing weight these will inevitably lead you to putting it back on again just as quickly once you stop whatever it is you wind up doing in desperation. I notice you said "what can I eat or drink to reduce this?". Have you ever heard anybody describe any food or drink and say "this will help you lose/gain weight on your face, arms, toes" etc? No, because nothing you take in affects any particular area, just your fat deposits all over. You're asking for the impossible. You know the answer, work out more, eat less or better, you just want someone to tell you this great way they know of that removes fat from those exact areas in 2 days. You say you have a sedentary lifestyle and "try to do a little" exercise. Do more, move more.

Try a corset maybe? Illusion as opposed to delusion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Theirs always a solution, I just haven't found it yet, and I only ask for advice, I don't need anyone mocking me, or telling me it's not right. It's not a permanent thing I'm doing, it's to get rid of the tough areas that have not gone like the other areas.

Lipo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Not being funny, but maybe you need new bras? I often see people who are quite slim, but their backs look fat, because their bras are too tight across the back?
    Not saying you don't have fat on your back, But maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Okay, I don't want to hear about healthy diet, etc. I am here for advice on what I can do with this problem.
    Here is the 100% guarenteed way to fix that problem or your money back. Healthy diet. Eat real food, not processed. Eat meat, fish, and vegetables at every meal time. Eat less food than what you need.
    If you do that then you will lose weight. No gimmicks, no tricks, no schemes.

I am 26, female, 5'5'', 150lbs, I don't drink or smoke, no red meat, only drink water. I have one major problem...chocolate. I usually eat it everyday and large amounts but am stopping this so I can lose an area of my body that constantly seems bloated.
    There's your problem right there. Drinking in moderation and smoking have no effect on if you are fat or not. Avoiding red meat is largely pointless, red meat like almost all other food is good for you in the right quantities.
    The problem is chocolate. Stop eating it, infact stop eating processed sugar.
    I 2 stone a while back and have managed to keep it off for over a year now, but the one area that seems to cause me the most bother is my stomach, or my sides, and back fat, the bit under the bra.
    Not much can be done about that.
    fat is stored all over your body, and if you want to reduce it in one place you need to reduce it in every place. Your body doesnt care that you think your back is fat. if that's where it wants to keep its fat stores thats where it wants to keep its fat stores. You can only make sure it has less fat to store.
    I have a sedentary lifestyle,
    Boom there it is. get moving and keep moving.
    The real key to weight loss is eat less move more.
    You have a dog, so walk it, long walks 1/2 times a day, come back tired and out of breath. Your body and your dog will love you all the more for it.
    What can I eat or drink to reduce this?
    Less.
    I've also tried to cut carbs as well, I only have one slice of toast, or with my dinner, a baked potato instead of mash.
    learn what a carb is. chocolate is a carb. So is pasta. switching from spaghetti to rigatoni isnt changing anything. Same goes for baked and mashed potatoes.

There are no specific foods for weight loss. If there were then thats all people would eat. look at your diet as a whole.

If you want to you can lose weight eating anything you want, even chocolate. As long as you eat less than what you burn. However doing that will make you feel hungry, feel like crap and youll quit in a day or 2.

To do it easily choose foods with lots of nutrients per calorie.
    Here's an easy list:
    Fresh meat (white red pink or blue)
    fresh fish
    fresh vegetables.
    fresh dairy

Here's a list of what not to eat:
    Any thing processed.
    If it comes from a factory then dont eat it.

I don't know what else I can do?

Eat less than what you currently do, move more than what you currently do.
    Go to the stickies on the forum here for some useful information on figuring out how to know how much to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Yes I do, and their are many people out there who have had rapid weight loss without taking the long route, just to help them along. I have a healthy diet, I just need to get rid of the weight where it's only left, which is under my bra line (back fat), and my tummy, that is literally the only place to fat/bloat or water retention (whichever it is) is sticking, and I've tried the long, long steady route and it doesn't really work and becomes tiresome, anyone would admit that. I want something that is quick working, that shows results fast, no matter how hard it is.

that right there should be book marked as to how to not approach fat loss.

Start with posting up your current nutrition intake and lets take it from there. Many many people here have been or are in your current situation so lets help you get the results that can be produced quickly but will have a lasting non damaging effect on your body.

for example - Cutting out wheat can help massively with bloating straight away

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I understand that the baked potato thing could mean it leads to better quantity control, one spud as against a random quantity of mash, but as mentioned they are essentially the same thing.

You're making good efforts, and I can see you want this to work, but speaking from experience, spots of fat like you mention are impossible to remove in isolation. I am pretty thin, but I never lose my tum. You want a quick way to do this; there isn't one. The stories you hear of quick losses - check back on them. Did they lead to quick gains again?

For me personally, certain things add to bloating (wheat and dairy among other things) but I advise removing food groups with caution, as you don't want to start excluding all sorts of things just because.

Chocolate is also my downfall. I love it so much I would cross the m50 at rushhour barefoot to get to some. :) But my advice is that if you are cutting it out, do so completely, as I find it is the only way to prevent cravings for it long term. You eat it on Saturdays, youll crave it all week.

If you want to look better, do strength exercises. Bodyweight or learn some lifts in a gym. You. Will. Not. Get. Bulky. But you will develop muscle tone which will improve how you look.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

jlm29 wrote: »
    Not being funny, but maybe you need new bras? I often see people who are quite slim, but their backs look fat, because their bras are too tight across the back?
    Not saying you don't have fat on your back, But maybe!

Seriously a million times this. A bad bra makes fat on the back bulge and pushes fat down onto the stomach. A good bra takes 10lb off visually.

If you don't believe me then go get fitted in a proper place. NOT debenhams or BT, they haven't a clue in my experience, small boutiques are best.

Get fitted and spend 60 quid on a bra and you'll find the bulges you're seeing now dramatically reduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Agreed. If you have a Change store near you then they are the best fitters I've found, plus the bras are great quality and really last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 avaross09

Try Taking a walk in the evening plus always try to eat less fatty food and always do half curls like your body is 360 degree so move 180 degree left and right very fast do this for atleast a month and hope you fill find a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

avaross09 wrote: »
    Try Taking a walk in the evening plus always try to eat less fatty food and always do half curls like your body is 360 degree so move 180 degree left and right very fast do this for atleast a month and hope you fill find a change.
    what?have you a video of said movement thats going to help shift belly fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Transform wrote: »

I dont see why you need a video, its fairly conclusive. you have a 360 degree body, if you move 180 degrees to the left and then 180 to the right you will lose fat from your back. just repeat it very fast.

If you don't pop open like a Matryoshka doll then fat flies off you. I think it has something to do with centrifugal force.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Transform wrote: »

I have.

It'll cost you ten magic beans though.

Advertisement