Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with a pet

Options
  • 18-11-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

Myself and my husband need to move as our current landlord is selling his place.I was wondering if anyone in the dublin city/north area knew of any letting agents who have pet friendly apartments/houses to rent? I've tried to find some but so far i can't seem to find any.

Oh and the pet is a bichon frise. Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If you check Daft.ie, click advanced search and tick the box that says pets allowed. Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If a place your looking at doesn't say Pets allowed that doesn't necessarily mean that pets are not allowed, ring and ask.

Also, if you're dealing direct with landlord rather than agent, when viewing mention you have a small dog and would it be a problem, we did it this way, landlady had no issue at all and now loves our dogs (we got another one) to bits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

It's always easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thomas D wrote: »

Absolutely not in this case!!! Be honest with prospective landlords and offer to pay an extra pet deposit and that will change the minds of many. Deceit is never good advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

No its not. If the lease specifically forbids dogs then you will find yourself evicted if you keep something like that from the landlord.

• Advertisement

djimi wrote: »
    No its not. If the lease specifically forbids dogs then you will find yourself evicted if you keep something like that from the landlord.

Not in my experience.

Not in my experience.

Youve been lucky.

djimi wrote: »
    Youve been lucky.

I've been lucky 4 times then in the past 7 years.

I've been lucky 4 times then in the past 7 years.

Good for you.

Intentionally breaking your lease and then hoping that you can apologize you way out of an eviction is a dangerous game.

Advertisement