Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it acceptable for a neighbour to use vacuum cleaner from 12 midnight onwards?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

What the hell takes an hour to hoover? There is a noise compliance law, something to do with noise after 9pm. You can report them to the county council .

Don't think there is much wrote in stone about times for residential noise pollution in Ireland. What I do know is if a neighbour is causing your quality of life to get bad you can report them to the environmental protection agency, they then recommend solutions to the noisy neighbour and if these aren't adhered to you can then bring your noisy neighbour to the district court which can impose up to a e3000 fine and/or 12 month imprisonment.
    If your noisy neighbour is stubborn, refuses to believe they 're disruptive or are just plain A-holes you can see how things can escalate quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I live in a house which is a large bungalow and the landlord has split it into a house and a flat on one end. The conversion was half arsed to say the least (a sheet of hardwood blocking off the hallway between the premises and their water tank is over my bedroom.
    Every time they flush the toilet or turn on the taps there is a really loud hissing sound and the sound of splashing water which is very loud in my bedroom and the room shared by our children

The neighbours wake up every weekday morning at about 5.45am to start their morning routine of apparently turning their taps on and off, taking two showers each and flushing the toilet every 3 minutes. They don't have to be leave for work until 7.45am and whenever they start their routine, it wakes up our kids who then wake us up.

It's a pain in the neck but it's not their fault so we have never said anything.

If they want to get up 2 hours early for work and preen themselves that's their business. We knew the flat was there when we moved in and we knew there would be noise issues

Similarly, when they moved in, they knew there was a family living in the house and they never complain when they make the noises that a 5 month old, 2 year old and 4 year old will make.

Advertisement