Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1

• 19-11-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

Developer beta out now on the dev portal. Seems a bit odd, usually the .x releases have a few features but it seems the only one here is a dark keyboard and reduced contrast (as options).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Saw that yesterday on Redmond pie. Is there any support for new carriers on 4g?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Surely we'll FINALLY get 4G???

If anyone has any joy updating to 7.1 then let us know! :D

Edit - Downloading the BETA now. I'm not in a 4G area at the moment, but hoping when I go to "Cellular" settings it has 4G options there. That should be the give-away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

guil wrote: »
    Saw that yesterday on Redmond pie. Is there any support for new carriers on 4g?

I would imagine that won't come until the GM build of 7.1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I would imagine that won't come until the GM build of 7.1.

Also, would you not need a 4G sim for that to be an option to show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Also, would you not need a 4G sim for that to be an option to show?
    people with 5S' on meteor/eMobile will have these.

• Advertisement

I've an eMobile SIM that I got on a 4G ready plan in an unlocked iPhone 5s bought from Apple.

Haven't got a chance to install 7.1. Cant find a reliable site to download it from. Doh. Be another day or two maybe.

Very buggy. When in certain apps, if I pull down notifications bar it has to reload the home screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Very buggy. When in certain apps, if I pull down notifications bar it has to reload the home screen.

Is the 4G icon showing for you?

Is the 4G icon showing for you?

Nope! :(

I'm living in a 4G area and no 4G options under "Cellular".

Using an unlocked device bought from Apple.

Like someone said above it probably won't be in the beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Yep looks that way holding it back until the Golden Master release or official launch.

Carrier update today giving 4G toggle on Vodafone for 5S & 5C. Apple have also approved Meteor for 5, 5S & 5C - No sign of Vodafone on the 5 list. http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

http://i.imgur.com/F1w4khm.png?1

Also there for emobile. To get the update go to settings>general>about and it will prompt you to update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Mine doesn't either. Paying €47 before added charges a month on the Vodafone €35 base plan. Need to upgrade to the €60 plan before I can get access to 4G. Disappointing stuff.

Bit disappointed being on the highest plan with eMobile and not getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

The way it should be. Don't know why I signed up for a new 24 month contract in November without waiting for 4G price plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

Im on the unlimited calls texts + 4G data with emobile. iPhone 5, got the update. Just outside Cork City not getting any 4G may just be outside the 4G reach, or do I need to get a new sim? Can iPhone 5 use the 4G bands in Cork?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The way it should be. Don't know why I signed up for a new 24 month contract in November without waiting for 4G price plans.
    I assume you were get getting a new phone at the time?

I'm on a €30 + €10 add ons tarrff. I assume Vodafone would have no problem someone paying less opting to move to their "Red" tarrif for €55 a month (without signing another 2 year contract).

4G would need to be pretty damn special to be worth €15 extra a month, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

kaerobe wrote: »
    Im on the unlimited calls texts + 4G data with emobile. iPhone 5, got the update. Just outside Cork City not getting any 4G may just be outside the 4G reach, or do I need to get a new sim? Can iPhone 5 use the 4G bands in Cork?

iPhone 5 works in certain areas around the country. 5c and 5s works in all 4G enabled areas. It's to do with Meteor using different frequency bands in different areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Carrier update for 4G on Three UK came in today as well.

boardzz wrote: »
    iPhone 5 works in certain areas around the country. 5c and 5s works in all 4G enabled areas. It's to do with Meteor using different frequency bands in different areas.

Thought so, thats why am asking, anyone know which bands are used in Cork by emobile/meteor?

Dades wrote: »
    I assume you were get getting a new phone at the time?

I'm on a €30 + €10 add ons tarrff. I assume Vodafone would have no problem someone paying less opting to move to their "Red" tarrif for €55 a month (without signing another 2 year contract).

4G would need to be pretty damn special to be worth €15 extra a month, though.

Yeah I could upgrade to the "4G ready" plan but it's only €55 for the first three months. €60 per month thereafter. Then I sacrifice the ability to keep my bill at €35 a month if my usage ever drops.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah I could upgrade to the "4G ready" plan but it's only €55 for the first three months. €60 per month thereafter. Then I sacrifice the ability to keep my bill at €35 a month if my usage ever drops.
    I could be wrong - but I think it's only €60 pm after if you keep your subscription to Spotify.

But yeah, I'd give it a go for a month or two as long if I could revert. Vodafone are unlikely to allow you move up tariff without a commitment, however.

Unbelievable speeds in Patrick Street, Cork!
    EMobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Unbelievable speeds in Patrick Street, Cork!
    EMobile

I believe it. It's 4g!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

That's a bit crap in fairness

Cork - by Marymount. Unreal speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

VF threw out a carrier update today, am using iPhone 5

It may include a 4G piece but AFAIK the iPhone 5 is not supported, only the S & C, so cant see the changes.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement