Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to remove Nail Polish from Clothing?

• 19-11-2013 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Accidental nail polish dabbed on item of clothing. Any hints n' tips how to remove it?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Accidental nail polish dabbed on item of clothing. Any hints n' tips how to remove it?! :)

Yes! get a flux capacitor and go back to the future and be careful... Now back to the motors forum oh and the coronation street spoilers sorry:) eh don't tell tell anyone about the coronation st sh!t, I play Gaelic and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

What the.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Grrrrrrrrrr I was all happy thinking someone might have a useful tip for me and am disappointed now it's only some numpty posting sh1te. :( Grrrrrrrrrr

Think they must have me mixed up with someone else anyway I don't frequent the Motors Forum, think have been there like twice in my entire Boards Life and I havn't watched Corrie since I was 12/13 and don't intend watching it again either. Ugh Corrie accents yuck lol.

Soooo, getting nail polish off clothes.... Any ideas? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Dab a cotton bud in nail varnish remover and gently dab it on the nail varnish spot. It should dissolve it if you break it down gradually and don't go gung ho at rubbing it etc.

So a fairly dampened bud, hold it on the spot, then with a clean new bud, repeat until its gone! However if its a material that is man made fibre, i would patch test in a discreet area with nail varnish remover to ensure it doesnt lift dye or damage the material

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I would try scraping it off if it is thick nail varnish,if not nail varnish remover on the article of clothing should do the trick..

Anyway should you report the idiot who posted that ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

ardle1 wrote: »
    Yes! get a flux capacitor and go back to the future and be careful... Now back to the motors forum oh and the coronation street spoilers sorry:) eh don't tell tell anyone about the coronation st sh!t, I play Gaelic and all that.

Please keep to the topic at hand.

OP, if you're trying it with nail polish remover do a little spot test on a hidden place to make sure it won't stain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Dont know if this would work but if you put the cloth in the deep freeze for a few hours would the nail varnish become very hard and brittle , you could then crush, the varnish, solvents etc might just spread it

Advertisement