Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this good value?

• 19-11-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,

I am considering getting one of the laptops from the groupon site http://www.grabonestore.co.nz/refurbished-apple-macboo and was wondering if they are good value and also how have they dated?
    I will be mainly using it for normal everyday browsing and some low level video and picture editing, photoshopping basically.
    Would people recommend them or would I be much better off saving up and getting a newer model or possible a different brand?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I wouldn't like to be do anything on that bar web browsing / video watching tbh.

It will run some version of Photoshop but not really well and if you're doing any extensive work you'll need to hook it up to a bigger screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's cheap for a reason. Worth saving up and even getting one of the late 2008 and on unibody MacBook Pros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Hi,

I am considering getting one of the laptops from the groupon site http://www.grabonestore.co.nz/refurbished-apple-macboo and was wondering if they are good value and also how have they dated?
    I will be mainly using it for normal everyday browsing and some low level video and picture editing, photoshopping basically.
    Would people recommend them or would I be much better off saving up and getting a newer model or possible a different brand?

Thanks a million.

Save up and get a refurbished Air from the Apple store I would say. That model is too old now and only has 1gb of ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

also, are you importing from new zealand? i imagine postage + import duty will make this much more expensive than buyingsomething better here

Advertisement