Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre enabled on my exchange but told by Eircom that I can only get upto 7Mb??

Options
  • 19-11-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I ordered eFibre from Eircom last week as eFibre is now available in my area - I am in Kilquade, Co. Wicklow about 1.5km from nearest cabinet and Eircom's online checker said I was eligible to get upto 70Mbs. I got an initial email from Eircom to say they were processing my order and would be in touch to arrange installation . After a week of no contact I called Eircom and was told that there was no record of my order...

So, I started a new order over the phone only to be told that my line would only support upto 7Mb. I am currently getting about 2.5mb from a different provider.

So why can I not get efibre - the local cabinet is enabled, Eircom's own map and line checker say I can get it?  Is it possible to get a technician out to see what the problem is?

Can anyone assist - Eircom ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

I thought fibre can only go up to 1km from exchange.
    Not too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

thret wrote: »
    I thought fibre can only go up to 1km from exchange.
    Not too sure
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

patrickpc wrote: »
    I ordered eFibre from Eircom last week as eFibre is now available in my area - I am in Kilquade, Co. Wicklow about 1.5km from nearest cabinet and Eircom's online checker said I was eligible to get upto 70Mbs. I got an initial email from Eircom to say they were processing my order and would be in touch to arrange installation . After a week of no contact I called Eircom and was told that there was no record of my order...

So, I started a new order over the phone only to be told that my line would only support upto 7Mb. I am currently getting about 2.5mb from a different provider.

So why can I not get efibre - the local cabinet is enabled, Eircom's own map and line checker say I can get it?  Is it possible to get a technician out to see what the problem is?

Can anyone assist - Eircom ??

Hi patrickpc

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointing level of information supplied on thus far. I can confirm that due to the distance between your line to the cabinet it's not possible to provide efibre to you at your current location.

efibre broadband cannot be delivered to lines further than 1Kilometre from an enabled cabinet.

I appreciate the level of disappointment this can cause and I'm very sorry for this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Thanks for getting back to me Alan.

Is this situation likely to change or is that it for me then?

Is there no way of taking advantage of eFibre for anyone further than 1km from a cabinet ?

Are there any alternatives ?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

patrickpc wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me Alan.

Is this situation likely to change or is that it for me then?

Is there no way of taking advantage of eFibre for anyone further than 1km from a cabinet ?

Are there any alternatives ?

Thanks.
    Hi patrickpc

Unfortunatetely at this moment in time there are no alternatives to this situation. I do not know if this situation is likely to change (as there is nothing indicating there this) and I would not like to speculate. Apologies for this Patrick.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement