Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strap for hurling helmet - Limerick

• 19-11-2013 10:45am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a replacement strap for child's hurling helmet?

I was wondering if the little shop in the castletroy shopping centre did them, think it's inside the car accessories shop - but can't find the contact details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

If you contact the helmet manufacturer directly they will probably post one out to you for free

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Shop phone number here :-

http://www.goldenpages.ie/planet-auto-limerick-city/

Don't know if they would sell straps separately. Worth a ring though in case they had a old helmet lying around. You could also contact your local GAA club. Again there might be some old helmets lying around the place.

Curious as to how the strap came off? The straps themselves are very strong. They are usually pretty secure fastened to the helmet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for the replies, I've contacted O'Neills on the off chance!

The helmet is one that was given to us, as my son will only be playing hurling in school (he's not allowed to play competitively - medical grounds) unfortunately there wasn't a strap with it, so whilst the helmet is brand new its not much use without it.

Can't justify buying a new helmet, so if can't get sorted will have to stop him playing..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick Sports Store on William Street used to be great for hurling stuff when I was a kid. Might be worth asking in there.

Advertisement