Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog mucus discharge????

• 19-11-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi so had my female lab for a walk this morning and while she was peeing a sort of mucus discharge came out too now I only noticed cos she was on lead she is in great form and eating loads so no signs of anything wrong is this a normal thing or should I be rushing her to vets?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi so had my female lab for a walk this morning and while she was peeing a sort of mucus discharge came out too now I only noticed cos she was on lead she is in great form and eating loads so no signs of anything wrong is this a normal thing or should I be rushing her to vets?
    Deffo get to the vets. Is she spayed? If not she could be having a pyometra which can be very serious so vets asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Thanks ill get her to vet but don't think it's that from the symptoms as I said she is in great form eating normally and not showing any signs of being sick plus it's been a while since her last heat and I've read it happens soon after finishing heat , it was only a small blob ( I know yuck) and I examined her after and nothing visible as in no swelling ect ?

Thanks ill get her to vet but don't think it's that from the symptoms as I said she is in great form eating normally and not showing any signs of being sick plus it's been a while since her last heat and I've read it happens soon after finishing heat , it was only a small blob ( I know yuck) and I examined her after and nothing visible as in no swelling ect ?

She could still have an infection. Is she spayed?

No she not spayed

Ok, just make sure she gets to a vet just in case. When was her last season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

deff take andreac advise my springer approx. a month ago had a discharge in great form and eating but I know the signs of pyometra and its critical shes seen by a vet asap

now is the time to rule out pyo if it is pyo they can go downhill very fast and then you have a very sick dog on your hands which most likely need to have surgery to be spayed

pyometra is not something you can put on the long finger the infection can soon start to have an adverse effect on the kidneys and other organs

She finished her last heat about 3 months ago, hoping the vet will give me an after hours app this evening they can b awkward about that and there the only place in town , fingers crossed

pyometra is most commonly seen in the bitch 4 to 8 weeks post heat but can occur at anytime

any vet worth their salt should have no problem seeing a bitch with a vaginal discharge just to rule out pyometra

and don't be afraid to mention what has been said to you here its your dog your money you have to see a vet 2 nite in the morning you could have a very sick dog on your hands and if surgery is needed then recovery can be a bit longer etc

hopefully its not pyo but if it is they make a great recovery mine is proof and she had slight complications after surgery shes bouncing around the place again

and well done for been so observant many would miss what you noticed

hows your dog since is she ok

Advertisement