Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticking ferments

Options
  • 19-11-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    My blackberry wine stopped fermenting, no bubbling, think its too cold for it, put it in the sitting room, no difference at all. Can i buy a heat mat or a heat lamp to start it up again, cant' see any thing on the web sites, any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

How long is it fermenting? Also did you check it with a hydrometer to see if fermentation is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Also, if it is in a demijohn at this stage, you could drop it into a warm sink (i.e. after you have cleaned up a meal). That can reactivate the yeast.

Presuming of course that the yeast has not finished its job.

Check with a hydrometer. Your wine should be quite low - 1.000 or thereabouts, possibly lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gallybander

Thanks, Its only in the demi-john since yesterday and before that it was 8 days in the bucket, will check with the sacrometer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gallybander

Its back bubbling again, put it in a hot sink and off it went, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

it may not be fermenting. you could just be ejecting dissolved CO2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement