Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charging/Discharging problem with SGS2

• 19-11-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

I left my phone on charge overnight last night, as I do every night, woke up this morning, have the fully charged icon, get in the car and go to work. 2 mins in to my drive my phone beeps for low battery so I thought that was weird for a start. I came in to work at half 8, put the phone on charge straight away (was on about 10% at this stage) turned the screen brightness right down, turned off Wifi, enabled power saving mode and turned off the sync option.

Just checked my phone there and it is now on 2%.

That's 2 different chargers now it's been connected to for almost 12 hours straight and it can not hold a charge. Anyone ever heard of this before? Not sure if it'd be a problem with the phone or a problem with the battery itself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It's possible that the battery is past it's useful life. How old is the phone? Get an original one. Don't skimp on a cheap one on eBay. It's not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Phone is less than 18 months old. I know they don't build things to last nowadays in the mobile phone world but a battery becoming 100% useless in under 18 months is that normal? Also, would it not deteriorate slowly? Was working perfectly yesterday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Phone is less than 18 months old. I know they don't build things to last nowadays in the mobile phone world but a battery becoming 100% useless in under 18 months is that normal? Also, would it not deteriorate slowly? Was working perfectly yesterday..

k. You could refresh the battery. Are you running stock firmware or custom? I got the below from here. If yer running stock, just ignore the voodoo part. Alternatively Google "sgs2 reset battery stats"

• Let the phone completely run out of charge.
    • Turn it on again just to use up the very last bit.
    • Take the battery completely out for a few seconds, then put it back in.
    • With the phone turned off, charge it fully.
    • Unplug the charger.
    • Plug it back in to give it that final boost.
    • Boot into recovery mode (I know you're on Darky's Swiper ) and use the Voodoo recovery to wipe the battery stats.
    • Reboot.

Cheers for that Ranger :) Trying to give it a go now but can't turn the phone on without it being on charge (the irony) It's been off now for the past 2 hours almost on charge and still hasn't gotten past 1%. Think I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new battery and hope it's not something wrong with the phone itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Had that happen me, I took out the battery and put it back in, solved it. Might work for yourself.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not but thanks! Think a new battery is most definitely needed! Been on charge almost 24 hours straight now and we're up to a whopping 12%!! Another week and I'll have a full battery :)

Advertisement