Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Kilkenny.... What areas are good to live to live in?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello,

Just looking for some advice. Myself and my boyfriend are in our late 20's and are planning to move to Kilkenny to work and to be nearer family and friends.

We have never lived in Kilkenny so are finding it hard to pick an area. We have seen a lovely house for sale in Seville Lawns In st.margaret fields however we don't know anything about what it would be like to live in this area. Could anybody help us with this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Or if anyone else could suggest nice housing developments in Kilkenny city?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Lady1984 wrote: »
    Hello,

Just looking for some advice. Myself and my boyfriend are in our late 20's and are planning to move to Kilkenny to work and to be nearer family and friends.

We have never lived in Kilkenny so are finding it hard to pick an area. We have seen a lovely house for sale in Seville Lawns In st.margaret fields however we don't know anything about what it would be like to live in this area. Could anybody help us with this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Or if anyone else could suggest nice housing developments in Kilkenny city?

Thanks

Comer road, Freshford road and Waterford road would be nice areas.

Have heard negative comments about the estate you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

PaulKK wrote: »
    Comer road, Freshford road and Waterford road would be nice areas.

Have heard negative comments about the estate you mentioned.

Hi thanks for the reply and the area suggestions.

Seville lawns in st.margaret field looked nice on driving in and the house we viewed was also nice. However I am now aware that there are social housing in the estate of st.margaret field and a halting site near by and I'm wondering if anyone on this has any experience of difficulties living in this estate or knows of anyone who had difficulties and wanted to move out of estate?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I live in the housing estate right behind the halting site and there is never any bothers here and may i ask you what is wrong with social housing? its not like its going to be full of scumbags. The only drawback i feel is the unfinished estate it makes the area look ****e.

S28382 wrote: »
    I live in the housing estate right behind the halting site and there is never any bothers here and may i ask you what is wrong with social housing? its not like its going to be full of scumbags. The only drawback i feel is the unfinished estate it makes the area look ****e.

Nothing wrong with social housing at all however there can be difficulties with some families and there can be a high turnover of people moving in and out. I know that's a generalisation and I know plenty of families have great respect for the houses and keep area well and stay put for life. Just worried moving into an area that I don't know in case there is a high level of anti social stuff going on. It's good to hear that there are no issues with halting site... It looks like a fairly settled site compared to some traveller sites.

I agree about it looking s***e when you drive in all the waste ground to the left... It's a pity they don't put up a decent fence or plant some trees to finish it off! Doesn't look like it would happen anytime soon.

Thanks for your opinion any other tips or information let me know I'd be grateful!

I moved here 4 yrs ago iv never had any problems its nice and quiet where i live which is just beside Margarets field my lads often go up to Magarets field to play and they never had any bothers either so im pretty sure its ok up there.

• Advertisement

I moved here 4 yrs ago iv never had any problems its nice and quiet where i live which is just beside Margarets field my lads often go up to Magarets field to play and they never had any bothers either so im pretty sure its ok up there.

Thanks that's reassuring. Good to hear from someone who lives in the area. 😀

There is no plans to finish either estates which is a shame as the plans for it were nice they were meant to put shops etc down where im living but since things went downhill they havent done a thing. Good luck finding a place Kilkenny is a lovely place to live.

There is no plans to finish either estates which is a shame as the plans for it were nice they were meant to put shops etc down where im living but since things went downhill they havent done a thing. Good luck finding a place Kilkenny is a lovely place to live.

Thanks for your help!! Looking forward to moving to Kilkenny!! It's a lovely city!!

Advertisement