Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh 2014

Options
  • 19-11-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Yes, having sat out Dublin in 2013, I have signed up for this. I could not find another 2014 thread, but if there is please merge.

My big question is if there is a real need to buy the return bus pass? We will be staying in city near Arthur's Seat, are the buses more hassle at the end or just the perfect fit?

Any other tips and advice welcome.

Wally!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Yes, having sat out Dublin in 2013, I have signed up for this. I could not find another 2014 thread, but if there is please merge.

My big question is if there is a real need to buy the return bus pass? We will be staying in city near Arthur's Seat, are the buses more hassle at the end or just the perfect fit?

Any other tips and advice welcome.

Wally!

Have a look at last year's thread - I posted some of my experiences. In answer to your question, I wouldn't bother with the shuttle bus - you'll get a regular bus to the same place cheaper and without having to walk quite as far as to the shuttle bus park.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Anyone else heading to Edinburgh this weekend?

I'd hoped to run 3.30 but got injured a few months back so now just hope to finish! Should be a good weekend though hopefully.

Just checked the weather forecast and it's good! Temperature 14 or so, a 67% chance of rain (not so good I suppose) and only a light breeze from the north (and we run west to east for most of it I think).

Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Yes, still going, printing off pace bands today! Moved my expectation from 3.45 to 3.59 and well as you say some time before the last bus! Just checked the weather, looks like warm and wet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

• Advertisement
Advertisement