Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options
  • 19-11-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Early Birds on sale this Friday at 10:30, they seem to have setup a tiered pricing system for this one.
    This year there will be a tiered ticketing system, and an installment payment plan. A limited number of weekend tickets will be sold in each price tier. Early birds (Tier 1) go on sale 10.30am this Friday 22nd November. Once Tier 1 tickets sell out Tier 2, Tier 3, 4 and 5 will become available. So get your tickets early at the lowest Tier 1 price while available!

Full Tiered Pricing Details:

General and Family Weekend Tickets:

Tier 1 EU79.50 incl booking fee

Tier 2 EU89.50 incl booking fee

Tier 3 EU99.50 incl booking fee

Tier 4 EU129.50 incl booking fee

Tier 5 EU139.50 incl booking fee

Combined Weekend & Bus (return from Dublin) tickets available also:

Tier 1 EU107.50 incl booking fee

Tier 2 EU117.50 incl booking fee

Tier 3 EU127.50 incl booking fee

Tier 4 EU157.50 incl booking fee

Tier 5 EU167.50 incl booking fee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm excited, have to get my ticket on Friday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Not been before but I assume they will have a similar set up as last time with regards to "luxury" camping? Husband and I really want to go as it seems very much our kind of scene/people, however I wouldnt want to just camp in a tent surrounded by younger/louder people (I'm a bit of a pansy :o)

Do they have a "quiet" field? Would the yurts & tipi's have generally a more quieter/mature vibe?

Maya Jane Coles for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Ticket prices gone up again and the festival is on a downward slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

will try pick them up while they're less than €100 and then decide to go closer the time based on the lineup.
    the festival was pretty poor last year, probably the worst of all the ones i went to, so have little interest in going back just for the "experience". would be perfectly ok with a poor lineup and putting the money towards various other festivals tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I disagree ..... definitely one of the highlights of the year last year. I go for the atmosphere not the line ups and it was as good as ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

I'll probably get on this. Hopefully they revise their mental drinks policy from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What was their mental drinks policy from last year? Haven't been before but considering going this year, can anyone tell me a little bit about it? Pros/cons? Is it all bands, or will there be a range of acts? Saw last summer George Fitzgerald played, a few dance acts like that could be good to break up the weekend between bands/DJs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

You could only bring 24 cans. No more and they had to come in on your first entry to the campsite. On the Friday night they wouldn't let anyone bring cans in to the venue part even after the bars had closed. There was also some general dickheadish behaviour out of security throughout the weekend.

Otherwise it was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Last year was my third time there and i promised myself it would be my last after the carry on with the drink and security. Even putting that aside, I know its all subjective and i hate people who come out with the classic "its not as good as it used to be" but thats what i found. So i guess i am one of those people now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

These all gone? I presumed from reading the OP that all 5 tiers would be available today, seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Once the first tier sells out, the second tier will then become available and so on until its sold out. I was looking an hour ago and they still had the first tier available.

Missed the first tier, disgusted. Still, I just bought second tier tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I wonder how many are in each tier? Does'nt seem to be a huuge amount of interest (going by likes/comments) on the facebook page, yet tier 1 sold out within a couple of hours...

Maybe they don't have very many tickets in the first few tiers; so people end up paying more for the higher tiers?

Still great value for money whatever price you pay, despite all the giving out people did after last year, I still say its the best festival I went to in 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Missed last year, but I'd been to the previous three. Wasn't it €149 last summer? Sounds like quite a lot. I remember when it was €99 and there was no scummy €6.50 ticketmaster charge, it's just not as good as it used to be you know...

Bought a tier 2 ticket. From previous experience I always end up wanting to go to these things at the last minute and end up forking out when I could have just got myself and early bird ticket months before. If I don't want to go in the end I'm sure I can sell the ticket without making a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

any word of a line up?

roll wrote: »
    any word of a line up?

They replied to someone on Facebook saying they might give away a few names in Feb but they never really announce it until March.
    Kill me. I'm hoping for Cat Power and the original Sugababes line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Is there any music on the Friday, and what time if so? May book the day off work and head down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there any music on the Friday, and what time if so? May book the day off work and head down early.

Yes the Midnight Circus Tent was open in Friday last year and a few of the cafe stages in that area as well as most of woods area, the only place not opened in Friday is the Body & Soul main stage. Music kicks off at 6pm Friday evening.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I think this guy would be perfect for the Midnight Circus tent this year, Gesaffelstein, fits that bill like Jon Hopkins, Panthu Du Prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Have something to share?

Yeh what is the line up, no mention on the Body & Soul website yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Yeh what is the line up, no mention on the Body & Soul website yet.

They just tweeted that they have news to announce tomorrow

https://twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl/status/438641378843570176
    Body&Soul ‏@BodyandSoulIrl 7m
    Exciting news coming your way tomorrow,sign up to our newsletter to be the first in the know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Spoil it! G'wan!
    I'm hoping for The Julie Ruin and Peggy Sue.
    Lisa O'Neill again this year would make me happy.
    Too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Denzel Washingline

John Grant is a definite - playing on the Saturday night (21 June).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Grant i think is playing olympia soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Great lineup so far

• Advertisement

A few repeats but welcome repeats, Jon Hopkins, Darkside aka Nicholas Jaar and friends. Nice to see Caribou, King Kong Company, Buraka Som Sistema, Mount Kimbie, John Grant among others woo hoo. :D

Advertisement