Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Euh, how can we make this happen at B&S?

Daphni b2b James Holden @Sonar

At the very least, I'd be happy with a Daphni set

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boxcutter

RINO87 wrote: »
    Where did you find that bus? Myself and three friends had planned driving but I ran into a bit of car trouble tonight on the way back from Dublin, there are more of my mate's planning on driving too. 40 bucks is pretty steep tho, I mean fill a car and 10 to 15 quid each would easily get you there and back with change!! Price might be putting people off.

Bus is with concert-travel.com. Found another bus being planned at the moment on facebook with about 10 so far so we are going to go with that instead. Hopefully it works out now. Search 'bus for body and soul 2014' group on FB to get more info anyways.

Thanks for the other suggestions btw guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Boxcutter wrote: »
    Bus is with concert-travel.com. Found another bus being planned at the moment on facebook with about 10 so far so we are going to go with that instead. Hopefully it works out now. Search 'bus for body and soul 2014' group on FB to get more info anyways.

Thanks for the other suggestions btw guys.

Heres the link here in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/779603362050524/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Times and stage breakdown on OTR Blog

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Curfew at midnight on the Sunday? Pretty sure Michael Mayer went until 3am in Midnight Circus last year. Alle Farben and Caribou clash is pretty bad.

• Advertisement

10411750_10154230019215514_3147081552202781303_n.jpg

Nechtan wrote: »
    Curfew at midnight on the Sunday? Pretty sure Michael Mayer went until 3am in Midnight Circus last year. Alle Farben and Caribou clash is pretty bad.

Your correct Jon Hopkins came on at 11.45 and finished at 1 am, there was two or three acts after him, the main stage went on to 2am with Nicholas Jaar. I hope that still means that the woods and stages there are still open to 4 am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

On the surface it seems that even though capacity has gone from 5k to 8k they've saved a lot of money on acts this year. Lot more big names on last year's Main Stage and Midnight Circus compared to this year;

2014: h ttp://bodyandsoul.ie/assets/BodySoul-Line-Up.pdf

2013: h ttp://bodyandsoul.ie/assets/BODY-AND-SOUL-FRI-SAT-SUN-SCHEDULE.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

That curfew is just for those stages, I remember staggering out of the forest at 3am Sunday last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Nechtan wrote: »
    On the surface it seems that even though capacity has gone from 5k to 8k they've saved a lot of money on acts this year. Lot more big names on last year's Main Stage and Midnight Circus compared to this year;

2014: h ttp://bodyandsoul.ie/assets/BodySoul-Line-Up.pdf

2013: h ttp://bodyandsoul.ie/assets/BODY-AND-SOUL-FRI-SAT-SUN-SCHEDULE.pdf

Outside of Nick Cave, there aren't many big names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I agree that outside of Nick Cave, last year's line-up was no "bigger" than this year's in terms of star power.

I feel there is a lot more quality in this year's line-up overall but it's totally subjective... cos I love plenty of the acts.

Any festival that gives me the chance to see John Grant, The Field, Mount Kimbie and Jon Hopkins one after the other on its middle night is doing something very very right in my book. Add in Darkside and Caribou as the main acts on the two other nights along with plenty of interesting sideshows and I think one hell of a weekend is in prospect.

Excited much I am.

That curfew is just for those stages, I remember staggering out of the forest at 3am Sunday last year.

Yep, fairly sure that'll be the story although a little curious that they decided to put the word "curfew" on the line-up material. It does sound a little like we all have to be back in our tents by midnight or we'll turn into pumpkins or something.

The Hidden Agenda running order for Sunday night has their own DJ's only getting started at midnight (and running until the ambiguous "close"). I'd say there'll be plenty to keep people busy if the energy remains.... (I may be tucked up in bed early - don't have 3 nights of mayhem in me anymore).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

With the site not opening until 3pm on the Friday, do people think there is any point heading down a bit earlier or will you be just hanging about in a queue? At a bit of a loose end Friday and wondering what time to head down. What was the story in previous years? First time body and souler and getting very excited!

Are they changing the layout from last year does anyone know? The layout was better the year before that imo

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

they keep banging on about the lake this year so maybe they'll revert to 2011/12-last year was a bit crap layout-wise....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Roudolph wrote: »
    With the site not opening until 3pm on the Friday, do people think there is any point heading down a bit earlier or will you be just hanging about in a queue? At a bit of a loose end Friday and wondering what time to head down. What was the story in previous years? First time body and souler and getting very excited!

Last year I was down really early. Lots of drinking and craic in the queue.

There was a big queue when first going in but you'll be drunk enough by then.

Shane Linehan has put a Body and Soul Warm Up mix on Soundcloud that has further whetted my appetite for his set. Really hoping he has some kind of late-ish slot that doesn't clash with any of the names I really want to see...
    Bound to be some clashes - hopefully nothing too dreadful though! I reckon I'll be very lucky if John Grant on the main stage isn't clashing with an act I really want to see in the Midnight Circus.

Having double-checked and triple-checked, the schedule has worked out great for me. Delighted with Shane Linehan warming things up before Darkside, and while Hermigervill looked interesting, I won't be too disappointed about missing him to catch John Grant.

In several years of festival going, I reckon this is the best a three day line-up has worked out for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

Yeah the layout is different this yr. How I don't know but it is different to last yr

roll wrote: »
    they keep banging on about the lake this year so maybe they'll revert to 2011/12-last year was a bit crap layout-wise....

Yeh they mentioned the lake view in their website last year yet during the festival they had it blocked off, I was talking to a volunteer who is going to be working with security at the lake area, apparently its going to be closed off this year too. They should have a lake stage like Life festival which would make the area that bit bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I'm flabbergasted by the decision to put King Kong Company on the main stage at Sunday lunchtime. Wtf is that all about?

They are a pure late-nite dancey 'after a few bombs and a couple of yokes' kind of a band, and they put them on at a'chilling out on the grass with breakfast and a pint' time of day......

Bit disapointed with that, but hey-ho, still cannot WAIT til next weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

weather lookin pretty good nextweekend too-anybody got any good ideas as to how to keep ones tent cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Cooool ideas bro. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

How much were they charging for drinks last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

caff wrote: »
    How much were they charging for drinks last year ?

7.32 per pint 10.86 per short

7.32 per pint 10.86 per short

Has the festival relocated to temple bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

This may sound like an obtuse question but what do people do for food at Body & Soul? Are the food stands there varied at all or is it literally just hot dogs, burgers, chips?
    Specifically, I'm coeliac but eat large amounts meat with every meal. I'm getting worried I'm going to be starving all weekend.

(in b4 yes, after a few yokes I know I won't be caring about food but it's losing dem gains I care about)

(in b4 no, I'm not a bellend)

meathawk wrote: »
    This may sound like an obtuse question but what do people do for food at Body & Soul? Are the food stands there varied at all or is it literally just hot dogs, burgers, chips?
    Specifically, I'm coeliac but eat large amounts meat with every meal. I'm getting worried I'm going to be starving all weekend.

(in b4 yes, after a few yokes I know I won't be caring about food but it's losing dem gains I care about)

(in b4 no, I'm not a bellend)

Firstly, you're a bellend :pac:

There are all sorts of food options. It's part of the festival that there is a variety of things on offer. I recall having a weird porridge of sorts made from loads of different seeds for breakfast last year. Wasn't very nice but certainly filled me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Hi, the food options are really excellent, I cant imagine you will fail to find something to suit you

Advertisement