Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So forecast looks great, can leave the wellies at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well got my lift to Ballinlough sorted for tomorrow off at 4pm and will be onsite in the early evening, will be wristbanded and free Tuesday night yippee!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

Anyone see the site map anywhere? About time they released it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This post has been deleted.
    Well got my lift to Ballinlough sorted for tomorrow off at 4pm and will be onsite in the early evening, will be wristbanded and free Tuesday night yippee!

Can you lets us know how the ground is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Just a question on the drinks side of things.

can we bring in bottles of water in addition to the drink allocation?

or are they very strict on any type of liquid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

should be OK bringing them in on Friday first time. there's water points inside the campsite too so you could bring an empty bottle and fill it up down there as it's less weight to carry.

on the Sunday last year they didn't allow any liquids into the campsite, didn't mention it online as far as i know, but had a sign up at the entrance down there and security were enforcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

I emailed them about soft drinks and water as we were stopped on Sunday last year bringing water in from the cars which IMO is a health and safety hazzard when so many people are drinking and taking drugs. I got this response:

Dear ,

Sorry for the delay - the office is already buzzing with preparations for the big weekend!

I'm sorry to hear about this incident. You will be allowed to bring unopened bottles of non-alcoholics in at any time this year.
    Please report to the festival info point if you're experiencing problems about that.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any additional questions.
    We look forward to seeing you at Body&Soul 2014!

All the best,
    Dagmar

I'm flabbergasted by the decision to put King Kong Company on the main stage at Sunday lunchtime. Wtf is that all about?

They are a pure late-nite dancey 'after a few bombs and a couple of yokes' kind of a band, and they put them on at a'chilling out on the grass with breakfast and a pint' time of day......

Bit disapointed with that, but hey-ho, still cannot WAIT til next weekend!

Perhaps the lads wanted an early spot since they are keen electronica fans themselves, they'd probably like to see someone like Caribou or James Holden themselves and I canna blame them either for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First time going to this festival, just a few questions if anyone could help.

1) Am I correct in saying 24 cans and 2 bottles of wine is the alcohol limit? How hard would it be to sneak extra drink in? I know at Life/EP the searches weren't that thorough and you could probably have brought more in, will the searches be more intense at this?

2) Campsite doesn't open until 3pm, will the queues be painfully long at that time?

3) What are the toilets like? At Life they were pretty bad but at other festivals they have had 'cosy crappers' which is usually worth the money in my experiences!

4) Could someone give me a bit of info about the Reckless in Love stage, is it big? Mother are running it on Saturday and then Hidden Agenda on Sunday, can see myself spending a lot of time down there.

Cheers in advance if anyone can help!

Oh and also will they be releasing a stage breakdown similar to this http://bodyandsoul.ie/assets/BODY-AND-SOUL-FRI-SAT-SUN-SCHEDULE.pdf in the next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Reckless in Love is a small enough stage - in the woods with some dancing space in front and then trees etc. usually no problem finding room to enjoy yourself there. So much going on everywhere at the festival that things are fairly spread out most of the time in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Grimebox wrote: »
    Firstly, you're a bellend :pac:

There are all sorts of food options. It's part of the festival that there is a variety of things on offer. I recall having a weird porridge of sorts made from loads of different seeds for breakfast last year. Wasn't very nice but certainly filled me

There's a jalapeño & goats cheese burger which is sold out of an old style trailor with an aluminium roof... eat it people! your body will like you again if you do. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Free Android Body&Soul timetable app.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2014

Can someone make it a link... I'm too new to post links

Will update timetables over the week. Make your itinerary, get reminders, clash indicator etc.

Reckless in Love Stage 2013.

Reckless in love stage 2012. Donal Dineen

Actually I don't see Donal Dineen in this years programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

kormak wrote: »
    There's a jalapeño & goats cheese burger which is sold out of an old style trailor with an aluminium roof... eat it people! your body will like you again if you do. :pac:

yum...

I'm hearing rumours that tickets are almost sold out for this.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are they strict on the alcohol rules?! Just reading the info on the site and it seems a bit on the low side.

Read previous pages on thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I know the last few pages have been Drink! Drink! Drink!, so apologies! Do they sell any craft beers at the festival? I see Bulmers mentioned on the website, I presume the beer is Becks then is it?

Just popping down the sunday myself, nice day in Dublin today, hopefully be like this next week! Listening to a playlist of some Max Romeo, Nick Waterhouse and Tokimonsta at the moment. Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

symbolic wrote: »
    nice day in Dublin today, hopefully be like this next week!

Latest from RTE: Outlook from Monday Night, It will be warm in most places until Thursday. It is then expected to turn fresher, with temperatures set to drop back to more normal values for next Friday onwards. It should be largely dry throughout, but with varying amounts of sunshine, as some cloudy periods are likely at times too.

Sounds pretty good to me. Mainly dry, reasonably warm but not so warm as to turn the tent into an absolute sauna. Enough bits of sun to have us all in the party mood but not so much that we're all competing for any available bit of shade come Sunday.

Now all we need is for it to actually be that way...

symbolic wrote: »
    I know the last few pages have been Drink! Drink! Drink!, so apologies! Do they sell any craft beers at the festival? I see Bulmers mentioned on the website, I presume the beer is Becks then is it?

Just popping down the sunday myself, nice day in Dublin today, hopefully be like this next week! Listening to a playlist of some Max Romeo, Nick Waterhouse and Tokimonsta at the moment. Delicious!

I see my post post is very short. Sorry, not intentional. Yeah, bulmers and becks. No craft beers. ah your just coming sunday so cant byob.
    That weather is only getting better all week, not sure come weekend though. Hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

posie 1980 wrote: »
    Yeah, bulmers and becks. No craft beers.

Ah cool. I see the craft beer creeping into a couple of the Irish Festivals lately. I guess Bulmers make it a bit more worthwhile, shame considering everything else seems so quality focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is there a Vodafone tent to charge phone and how long is he walk from car park to campsite?

pmalone wrote: »
    Free Android Body&Soul timetable app.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2014

Can someone make it a link... I'm too new to post links

Will update timetables over the week. Make your itinerary, get reminders, clash indicator etc.
    Cool! Just added up all the favourites and set reminders...
    I'm gonna be loaded now and this thing will be beeping away reminding of upcoming gigs!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dice3344

There was a small tent offering phone charging last year. The queue was never more than a few people long though so it's not the same nightmare as some of the bigger festivals (someone mentioned a four hour queue for phone charging in EP last year to me!)

There is one service in the campsite that do a storage/locker service + phone charging. It's a paid service (€5 per hour) but the queues weren't massive. Inside the arena, there's the Vodafone charge centre. It is free, but the queues were a disaster.... they only take 1 phone per person (which is fair enough) and I think there was a max time limit you could leave it charging, i.e. 1 hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    is there a Vodafone tent to charge phone and how long is he walk from car park to campsite?

search amzon.co.uk for "portable usb charger aa battery" .. click the first result.. bring some aa batteries and charge while you sleep .. works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

The body and soul facebook page posted about about some acts playing the Friday night. I've listened to a few of them like Somadrone which I wouldn't mind catching but can't find any listing or time of them anywhere on body and soul website. I assume the lineup for the smaller stages will be released before Friday or am I wrong does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Does anyone else not just turn your phone off as a soon as you get there and leave it in your bag? I don't want to lose it nor do I want to bother with being contactable. I'm on holidays for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

anybody else still waiting on tix to be posted?

when i sign in to ticketmaster order it says "tickets are being processed"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Beans_On wrote: »
    anybody else still waiting on tix to be posted?

when i sign in to ticketmaster order it says "tickets are being processed"

Got mine after a week. Maybe get in touch. I'm still waiting on my Arcade Fire tickets though

Advertisement