Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Grimebox wrote: »
    Does anyone else not just turn your phone off as a soon as you get there and leave it in your bag? I don't want to lose it nor do I want to bother with being contactable. I'm on holidays for the weekend

... and if anyone's looking for me I'M TO THE LEFT OF THE STAGE... THE LEFT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

kormak wrote: »
    ... and if anyone's looking for me I'M TO THE LEFT OF THE STAGE... THE LEFT!!

Phones at festivals .. during the day a blessing .. during the night a shambles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

nah - always to the right of the sound desk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PascalShin

Was there ever any Saturday only tickets available? I can see Sunday tickets still for sale but Saturday must be sold out or never available?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Roudolph wrote: »
    I assume the lineup for the smaller stages will be released before Friday or am I wrong does anyone know?

Details should be published beforehand alright. The smaller stages are a lot more informal though in my experience... i wouldn't necessarily be banking on things sticking to the schedule like clockwork...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Only Day tickets you can get is Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Auidmanic89

Anyone organising a mini bus or anything from Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

Got mine after a week. Maybe get in touch. I'm still waiting on my Arcade Fire tickets though

I got mine a week after buying it bk in Jan. Get onto them

Details should be published beforehand alright. The smaller stages are a lot more informal though in my experience... i wouldn't necessarily be banking on things sticking to the schedule like clockwork...

Stage times are Lways off for smaller gigs. I really thought they'd be up by now though. Only days to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Does anyone else not just turn your phone off as a soon as you get there and leave it in your bag? I don't want to lose it nor do I want to bother with being contactable. I'm on holidays for the weekend

I want football updates don't care about contacting people ha

• Advertisement

posie 1980 wrote: »
    Stage times are Lways off for smaller gigs. I really thought they'd be up by now though. Only days to go

Facebook has times/acts for Friday (Dave Redmond) and Sunday (Hidden Agenda) at Reckless in Love which, if you're unfamiliar with the festival, is basically the outdoor dance stage.

I think it's my favourite of all the "stages" at the festival - I expect to be there late into the night Friday and Saturday...

Good to see that it's programmed to 4am on the Friday. The Drifter (aka Mark Flynn aka brother of the Happy Pear twins) is on there late night - should round things off nicely after Darkside :)

Site map up now as well. Looks pretty similar to last year to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

Hey, does anyone know how to book the bus from dublin? I didnt get travel with my ticket and cant find any info to book separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

Cool thanks a lot, getting excited now

Facebook has times/acts for Friday (Dave Redmond) and Sunday (Hidden Agenda) at Reckless in Love which, if you're unfamiliar with the festival, is basically the outdoor dance stage.

I don't see this on B&S Facebook ... link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

https://www.facebook.com/events/518307664963412/

That's the Hidden Agenda stage anyway on the Sunday, can't find the other one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I didn't see the Reckless in Love times on the FB page, but scroll down this page

http://bodyandsoul.ie/?s=reckless+in+love

for links to pages for RiL programmes for each day

The Mother DJs on Sat put on a great party!

pmalone wrote: »
    I don't see this on B&S Facebook ... link?

Was on my mobile earlier and too awkward to link.

The Friday night link is buried in the posts about Body and Soul section.

The post is on this page...

Relevant details:

01.30 - 04.00 : The Drifter

00.15 - 01.30 : Lil'Dave

23.30 - 00.15 : White Collar Boy Live

22.30 - 23.30 : Handsome Paddy

21.45 - 22.30 : Diamond Dagger Live

20.45 - 21.45 : This Greedy Pig (Russell Simmons & Greg Spring)

19.45 - 20.45 : Rubio

19.00 - 19.45 : Somadrone Live

18.00 - 19.00 : Eoin Ryan

17.00 - 18.00 : Ronan Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Sitemap looks very much the same as it was last year... not a big fan of the Main Stage where it is...

10301449_10154245417790514_5025940121927141493_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Here's last year's map. Looks identical. Bah

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PascalShin

Any idea if there'll be somewhere to watch a bit of football at any point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

MOTHER
    Reckless In Love - Saturday June 21st - Body&Soul 2014

12:00 - 15:00 The Disco Picnic
    12:00 - 15:00 Aine Macken's Art Clash
    15:00 - 16:00 Dance Music & Queer Culture In Ireland: A Conversation With Tonie Walsh
    16:00 - 17:00 Shrem's Carousel Of Über Nerdiness
    17:00 - 18:00 Mother DJs
    18:00 - 19:00 g_h_o_s_t_b_o_y (Live)
    19:00 - 20:00 Mother DJs
    20:00 - 21:00 Faune (Live)
    21:00 - 22:00 Mother DJs
    22:00 - 23:00 Ships (Live)
    23:00 - 04:00 Mother DJs

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Flicked back through there last 10 pages and the drink allowance has been mostly debate and conjecture. From the faq's on the website (which I hope the adhere to)

"24 cans of beer/ cider and 2 bottles of wine per person(no glass permitted onsite)
    or
    1 bottle (750 ml) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person.(no glass permitted onsite)"

Also from the facebook page someone got an email reply from them that unopened plastic bottles of water and soft drinks will be allowed in. What I'm thinking then is
    - a slab of cans
    - two bottles of buckfast (that will have to be decanted, unless they sell it in plastic bottles)
    - 5 liter bottle of water, 2 liter orange and food

Anyone know what the searches coming in are like, could you sneak a couple 500ml bottles of captain in?

I think it's my favourite of all the "stages" at the festival - I expect to be there late into the night Friday and Saturday...

Good to see that it's programmed to 4am on the Friday. The Drifter (aka Mark Flynn aka brother of the Happy Pear twins) is on there late night - should round things off nicely after Darkside :)

Site map up now as well. Looks pretty similar to last year to me.[/QUOTE.
    I've been to most ep's but this is my first body and soul. It'll be a very different one though, I'm bringing my 9yr old. No woods for me :( the Saturday day Mother lineup is great, we'll have a good boogie at that. Looking forward to Tokimonsta and a few others that aren't on too late. I'm not having her around the messin at night so we'll have a curfew. Folk are saying the site map is the same as last yr. Family camping looks like a fair aul trek, is it as far from main arena as it looks?

posie 1980 wrote: »
    Family camping looks like a fair aul trek, is it as far from main arena as it looks?

It's in the same place as last year (boo - location 2 years ago was much nicer).

This is right beside the "campsite" entrance - which is good for lugging the gear in and out. Once your tent is up, I'd explain the lay-out as follows...

You're at the top of a hill, with one major section of general camping laid out below you going down the hill. Let's say 5 minutes to walk down that hill, past the food outlets into the second major section of general camping, and another 5 minutes from there to the "festival" entrance.

So depends on your definition of "far"... given the location of the two entrances, you couldn't be any further from the festival entrance and still be in the campsite - but I don't think 10 minutes is too far really. Certainly feels closer than Oscar Wilde to the festival entrance @ EP.

Also note that the main stage is basically right beside the festival entrance and so maybe add 10-15 minutes to get to something like Soul Kids, the hot tubs or Reckless in Love which are all progressively further away from the festival entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

sunday at reckless in love

https://www.facebook.com/events/518307664963412/

00:00 - close Hidden Agenda Dj's
    23.00 - 00.00 Get Down Edits
    22.00 - 23.00 Clu [Live]
    21.00 - 22.00 Barry Redsetta
    20:00 - 21:00 Colin Devine
    19:00 - 20:00 Boya & Morgan Buckley B2B
    18:00 - 19:00 Tayor & Eoin Cregan
    17:00 - 18:00 Embrz [Live]

It's in the same place as last year (boo - location 2 years ago was much nicer).

This is right beside the "campsite" entrance - which is good for lugging the gear in and out. Once your tent is up, I'd explain the lay-out as follows...

You're at the top of a hill, with one major section of general camping laid out below you going down the hill. Let's say 5 minutes to walk down that hill, past the food outlets into the second major section of general camping, and another 5 minutes from there to the "festival" entrance.

So depends on your definition of "far"... given the location of the two entrances, you couldn't be any further from the festival entrance and still be in the campsite - but I don't think 10 minutes is too far really. Certainly feels closer than Oscar Wilde to the festival entrance @ EP.

Also note that the main stage is basically right beside the festival entrance and so maybe add 10-15 minutes to get to something like Soul Kids, the hot tubs or Reckless in Love which are all progressively further away from the festival entrance.

10 minutes is nowt. I was Comparing it to ep but it's a smaller site overall isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

MOTHER
    Reckless In Love - Saturday June 21st - Body&Soul 2014

12:00 - 15:00 The Disco Picnic
    12:00 - 15:00 Aine Macken's Art Clash
    15:00 - 16:00 Dance Music & Queer Culture In Ireland: A Conversation With Tonie Walsh
    16:00 - 17:00 Shrem's Carousel Of Über Nerdiness
    17:00 - 18:00 Mother DJs
    18:00 - 19:00 g_h_o_s_t_b_o_y (Live)
    19:00 - 20:00 Mother DJs
    20:00 - 21:00 Faune (Live)
    21:00 - 22:00 Mother DJs
    22:00 - 23:00 Ships (Live)
    23:00 - 04:00 Mother DJs

What kind of music do they play?

Lots of disco and house, some talking heads thrown in. It's fun party music, nothing too heavy. No techno

I know 10-11 is prime gig time but if you find yourself near this stage, Ships are well worth a look. Brilliant live

• Advertisement

pmalone wrote: »
    Free Android Body&Soul timetable app.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2014

Can someone make it a link... I'm too new to post links

Will update timetables over the week. Make your itinerary, get reminders, clash indicator etc.

updated with Reckless in Love stage times ... Tools -> Reload Data

Advertisement