Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

If the weather stays like this we will have the best weekend of our life :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

posie 1980 wrote: »
    I know 10-11 is prime gig time but if you find yourself near this stage, Ships are well worth a look. Brilliant live

Clashes with The Field :(

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

MOTHER
    Reckless In Love - Saturday June 21st - Body&Soul 2014

12:00 - 15:00 The Disco Picnic
    12:00 - 15:00 Aine Macken's Art Clash
    15:00 - 16:00 Dance Music & Queer Culture In Ireland: A Conversation With Tonie Walsh
    16:00 - 17:00 Shrem's Carousel Of Über Nerdiness
    17:00 - 18:00 Mother DJs
    18:00 - 19:00 g_h_o_s_t_b_o_y (Live)
    19:00 - 20:00 Mother DJs
    20:00 - 21:00 Faune (Live)
    21:00 - 22:00 Mother DJs
    22:00 - 23:00 Ships (Live)
    23:00 - 04:00 Mother DJs

ageing hipster here... who's good to see out of this list?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

posie 1980 wrote: »
    10 minutes is nowt. I was Comparing it to ep but it's a smaller site overall isn't it?
    I stayed in a camper-van at EP last year... it was exactly 1 mile walk from the Main Stage. Now THAT was a trek believe me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 taa

Anyone looking for transport from Cork I still have plenty space left on my bus. Price is 30euro leaving at 2pm on Friday from Cork city. Drop me a message if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Burr10

Grimebox wrote: »
    What kind of music do they play?

Great mix here

https://*soundcloud.com/bacarditogether/mother-djs

(remove *)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

kormak wrote: »

I'm not too familiar with Faune, but Ships are good. Ghostboy is one of the resident DJs in Mother as far as I know and this is his first live set so not sure what to expect exactly, here is a promo mix he made for Body & Soul and also where I got the timetable from.

Mother DJs I first came across at EP last year on the Sunday night in Body & Soul where they closed up one of the stages, it was by far the best gig I was at all weekend. Mainly disco and 80s party tunes with a bit of house thrown in, would wager that anyone who enjoys having a dance will love them.

The Sunday night down at that stage is being ran by Hidden Agenda, I cannot recommend Get Down Edits enough who are playing at 11pm, but I think they clash with Caribou. Then the Hidden Agenda DJs are playing from 12 until close, they are guaranteed to finish the weekend in style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

So this weather is DEFINITELY going to keep for the weekend yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

nm wrote: »
    So this weather is DEFINITELY going to keep for the weekend yea?
    Similar, but not as warm. It'll be a few degrees cooler, which is good, I won't be hiding in fear of sunburn.
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

Ageing myself :) ghostboy, mother died and ships are all worth a look

• Advertisement

Ageing myself :) ghostboy, mother djs and ships are all worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Does anyone know if I can go to custom house on the friday and get a ticket from the Bus?

I tried searching online but the only tickets are lumped with the actual ticket of the festival but I already have my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Right, looks like I'm going to this on a whim. Can anyone tell me if there's buses heading back to Dublin on Sunday morning? I may need it to get back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Mr.S wrote: »
    Only in the evening! Think the earliest is 22:30

Bollox! Cheers, looks like I'll be going down the public transport route!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭RINO87

James Holden & Alle Farben playing out on Sunday night, though it is 4 hours less than he usually plays ...

Man alle Farben was so so good at body and soul 2011, blew the roof off the place and nobody knew who he was, he played again at the earthship stage at EP later that year and again was top notch. Really really looking forward to hearing him again!! Just hope I'm not burnt out at that. Stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Anyone know what the craic with parking is at this? Can't see anything about it online.

You must buy the ticket online.. Different options available.. its on the bus eireann website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

I am looking at booking bus ticket for going on Friday back on Monday, I will be getting the6 bus to it, I imagine this time will be busy, anyone know if there is limited numbers for buses or will they just meet demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone from Galway driving up on the Friday with space for 2? Will contribute for petrol/drink/craic :)

ms.sunnyb wrote: »
    I am looking at booking bus ticket for going on Friday back on Monday, I will be getting the6 bus to it, I imagine this time will be busy, anyone know if there is limited numbers for buses or will they just meet demand?

There buses will keep coming until the crowd disperses. It's in their interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Just to clarify, is it possible to pay on the bus without booking a ticket? I'll be getting a lift out but may have to make my own way back and there doesn't seem to be an option for booking just a return ticket.

Just to clarify, is it possible to pay on the bus without booking a ticket? I'll be getting a lift out but may have to make my own way back and there doesn't seem to be an option for booking just a return ticket.

I'd ask them on their Facebook Page or give bus eireann a call/dublin bus a call. Surely alot of folk will be doing the same.Someone said a few days ago you had to buy the bus tickets online.

Anyone know the actually expected capacity of the festival this year?

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Anyone know the actually expected capacity of the festival this year?

Yeah if it sells out and with that weather I'd expect it to it will be a full house at 8000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Not really related to B&S, but I know bodhrandude and other Aphex Twin nuts will see this:

Stream the 'lost' Aphex Twin album Caustic Window on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

They increased capacity by 3000, and the campsites are the exact same size? Or am I reading this wrong? Space wasn't exactly plentiful last year!

Advertisement