Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Can't wait for this now! Still can't believe the last bus leaves at 6 tomorrow evening though, mind bogglingly stupid on the behalf of the organisers.

Which bus is this that your talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Which bus is this that your talking about?

The Bus Eireann buses that leave from Custom House Quay, info in on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm very excited for a Pieminister.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Any shops doing cheap slabs lads? Ala 24 cans for €24..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dunno if it's your thing but super valu are doing 8 cans of Guinness for a tenner!! Great value! Also I find it an awful lot easier to drink warm stout than warm beer. There's always lidl too, the cans of galereux are are a yo yo each and are pretty ok, an awful lot better than that excilsior muck. It's 4.8 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Most big Tescos would sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

My daughter is working at the body and soul and still no hot water or electricity for them to cook and she's been on duty since ten this morning till ten tonight ! And has to wait till 6 for a half hour break ! Totally insane way to treat volunteers.

Free ?? They have to pay 139 euros deposit to work there it's not her first time working at it but her third and normally the water and everything would of been sorted out by this stage, and just because it's a festival I guess that means the staff shouldn't be looked after or a way of cooking there food ??

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Free ?? They have to pay 139 euros deposit to work there it's not her first time working at it but her third and normally the water and everything would of been sorted out by this stage, and just because it's a festival I guess that means the staff shouldn't be looked after or a way of cooking there food ??
    A deposit for volunteering? That's a bit much. Do they get it back?

It's to ensure they only get people wanting to work and not just watch, so the organisers check every so often they are at their post and if they are satisfied they have worked they get it back at the end of it.

• Advertisement

No matter what they are doing they still need a way of cooking don't you think that's the least they could do !

• Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes and they get that deposit back when they complete all the shifts, so your payment is effectively a free ticket to enjoy the festival when you aren't working.

Depends what's she's doing tbh, a lot of the volunteering stuff is just simple stewarding!

The volunteer terms and conditions stated they get their deposit back 4-6 weeks after the festival. That's not on

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

posie 1980 wrote: »
    The volunteer terms and conditions stated they get their deposit back 4-6 weeks after the festival. That's not on

That's taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Weekend tickets just sold out!

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Grimebox wrote: »
    Source?

They twittered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

There's no more bus tickets available on the bus eireann site, does anyone know if they will still be available to buy tomorrow at the stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

They certainly did last year. That's what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

4 weeks seems about right to me, festival breakdown would take the guts of a week, then all the admin and whatnot after that.

It doesn't to me. Not only are you working for a ticket, you're also funding their venture with the deposit. I'd bet that Ticketmaster pay the festival the money they are due around the 4 week mark.

I understand why the deposit is required but that is completely unacceptable.

When you combine this with the drinks policy, you get a very different picture to the hippy vibe the promoters are going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It's finally here!
    Wishing everyone a safe sunny and happy wkend

• Registered Users Posts: 33 posie 1980

carlop wrote: »
    There's no more bus tickets available on the bus eireann site, does anyone know if they will still be available to buy tomorrow at the stop?

Body and soul said yesterday bus tickets are available on arrival :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Weather is unreal, all packed and ready to go.. Going to be in unreal :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

***73 tickets going on-sale immediately with Ticketmaster due to creditcard returns. Catch them while you can!***

on their facebook 13mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

Very envious of everyone going to this. But sure thats life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Looks like some weekend ahead.

As much as I enjoyed Life it was a toss up between the two and I think I may have made the wrong choice weather wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is there wheelbarrows to rent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 taramcd1985

Hi guys Im not travelling up till tomorrow morning but no way as of yet!!!is anybody travelling up tomorow morning?will contribute to petrol!!!can anybody help??????!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gigitygigity

Hi guys Im not travelling up till tomorrow morning but no way as of yet!!!is anybody travelling up tomorow morning?will contribute to petrol!!!can anybody help??????!

Where are you travelling from Tara? if its Dublin you can get the Bus Eireann Festival bus from Custom House Quay, details are on the bus eireann site.

I'm getting there this way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 taramcd1985

Where are you travelling from Tara? if its Dublin you can get the Bus Eireann Festival bus from Custom House Quay, details are on the bus eireann site.

I'm getting there this way too."

Im travelling from Galway city and i hear tickets from dublin to the festival are 29 euro,plus another 25 for galway to dublin...it seems pretty steep!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gigitygigity

I'm getting there this way too."

Im travelling from Galway city and i hear tickets from dublin to the festival are 29 euro,plus another 25 for galway to dublin...it seems pretty steep!

Ah right. looks like that may be your only option at this stage. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

So, how was Gary Numan Saturday night?

Advertisement