Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Best one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

not so sure bout that-you couldn't sleep beyond 7am in those tents! good weekend tho-exhausting-but good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Great weekend, glad I moved out last night though. Music highlights were Caribou, King Kong Kompany, Mt Kimbie, Jape.
    Fun was top notch, and the sun helped a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euS2SlC68q8&feature=kp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

If anyone saw James Holden I'd love to know what ye thought...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If anyone saw James Holden I'd love to know what ye thought...

He had to pull out because the airline lost his gear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BrushyMan

WOW. Proper whopper festival. I'm paying for it now but it was deadly craic. Crazy heat + mangled is hard work. Time to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

I simply have no complaints. Amazing music, amazing weather, amazing fun. Best One Yet,,,,, fact

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First time going, had an unreal weekend. Weather obviously was a huge factor but my god what a weekend it was, the festival is beautiful and there were no times during the weekend where it felt like you had nothing to do (bar when the music stopped at 2am last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This has to be the best B&S so far, the weather was amazing and there was lots of nice shady bits when the heat got too much. I arrived down on the Saturday before so I was the first volunteer to show up on crew camp. Highlights Jon Hopkins without a doubt, compared to the half full but excited tent last year, this years gig resembled the hysteria of the Beastie Boys 2007 gig in the LBT at EP, a crowd rimmed the Midnight Circus tent, it was absolutely wedged so a lot of people like Immunity. He had a bigger set up with really cool spotlights and a back drop projection screen with some of the videos from his recent singles. Max Romeo also gave a stunning performance with a very tight band, Gary Numan also rocked, bringing a metal sheen to some of his old classics and a nicely reworked Are Friends Electric, he actually looks younger now than he did back in the 1980s. Caught the last part of Caribou who gave off a suitably psychedelic electronic meltdown. Went in at 9.15 pm on Sunday to the Midnight Circus, where I thought the music, although pumping and solid was cheesy at times which I thought was unusual for Holden, it was only when I looked at my watch that it was 10.30 and the DJ hadn't changed that I realised I wasn't looking at James Holden, he had cancelled due to some airport error with his equipment. Darkside were also brilliant, they have a really cool sound and Nicholas Jaar is a hell of a singer and electronics switch doctor with the guitarist giving some really nice feedback blues. I seen a lot more, so look out for my review over the next few days, feck, I canna wait for B&S 2015 now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

He had to pull out because the airline lost his gear

ah balls. If I was going he'd be on my must-see list.

• Advertisement

Didn't buy a drink all weekend, I wonder will the free flow policy last beyond this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

first time going - was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Amazing festival. Amazing vibe. Amazing music. Amazing weather. Now I die.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say it will, the bars seemed busy enough as did the cocktail bars at insane prices!

Cold pints still win over cheaper warm cans.

My cooler box kept my cans cold all the way til Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just an amazing weekend. The atmosphere and vibe all wkend was just amazing. Literally danced all wkend....hardly spent any time at the midnight circus or main stage, just loved my house, reckless in love and the walled gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

First timer here too, all I can say is will definetely be heading again! Pretty much the ideal sized festival, love it.
    Only complaints are that the campsites need way more showers (2-hr wait every morning), and maybe a bit more genre variation in the lineup. Also, was fairly fed up with all the electronic stuff goin on by Sunday - Wonderlust stage was a HUGE relief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Saruwatari wrote: »
    First timer here too, all I can say is will definetely be heading again! Pretty much the ideal sized festival, love it.
    Only complaints are that the campsites need way more showers (2-hr wait every morning), and maybe a bit more genre variation in the lineup. Also, was fairly fed up with all the electronic stuff goin on by Sunday - Wonderlust stage was a HUGE relief.
    RIP body and soul.

First timers whinging about showers and electronic music. The a few pills ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Looks like Airlines did their best to try and ruin the weekend.

James Holden lost his synth
    Caribou had to borrow a korg controller
    Jon Hopkins lost his pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Im going to complain about the toilets. I go every year and I thought after the fiasco last year that they would have boosted the numbers but instead there were definitely less toilets and they were absolutely disgusting at times. The queues were unbelievable with hundreds resorting to the forest instead. We had my niece in Soul Kids and there were used tampons on the floor of the kids portaloo! Just unreal!

Body & Soul is without a doubt my favorite festival with fantastic music, location, art etc but they need to sort the toilets :(

ps and there were huge problems this year in the campsite with robberies and all sorts of unplesant stuff for people :(

Makes me sad as it has so much potential but some of the oxegen knacker trouble makers seem to be filtering down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Thomas D wrote: »
    RIP body and soul.
    First timers whinging about showers and electronic music.

I get that you prefer being crusty but if it's a service they provide then it should be held to a standard. Twelve showers to the general campsite is effing ridiculous. And the jacks were a state, but sure you'll prolly bring me up on that too anyway.

And I've nothing against electronic music at all but it dominates the festival later on at night, should spice it up earlier in the day with other stuff.
    Thomas D wrote: »
    The a few pills ffs.
    Nah yer grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Amazing weekend, best one yet! perfect weather and great vibe. Goldfrapp, Caribou and the forest rave where the highlights for me. well from what i can remember :)

Fi H wrote: »
    Im going to complain about the toilets. I go every year and I thought after the fiasco last year that they would have boosted the numbers but instead there were definitely less toilets and they were absolutely disgusting at times. The queues were unbelievable with hundreds resorting to the forest instead. We had my niece in Soul Kids and there were used tampons on the floor of the kids portaloo! Just unreal!

Body & Soul is without a doubt my favorite festival with fantastic music, location, art etc but they need to sort the toilets :(

ps and there were huge problems this year in the campsite with robberies and all sorts of unplesant stuff for people :(

Makes me sad as it has so much potential but some of the oxegen knacker trouble makers seem to be filtering down :(

Us and you green camping was joy. Half empt, clean, no knackers and the jacks were cleanest I have seen at a festival. All it was missing was a shower.
    The fact that you had to preregister via email filtered out the scummers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Us and you green camping was joy. Half empt, clean, no knackers and the jacks were cleanest I have seen at a festival. All it was missing was a shower.
    The fact that you had to preregister via email filtered out the scummers

We were camping right beside it and I was totally having the whole grass is greener thing because it was! Disgusted by how filthy people can be.

All in all, fantastic weekend. King Kong Company smashed it, pity they weren't on longer/later.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Think Alle Farben was my favourite part of the weekend. Was at Jon Hopkins for the opening track but I couldn't handle the crowd.

Mother DJs were incredible, and was quite happy to discover Faune - will keep an eye out for them from now on!

Hidden Agenda DJs were pretty decent too.

Downsides of the weekend, queueing to park car for over 90 minutes on friday evening - then having to wait another 30 minutes when we finally got to the entrance because they had run out of the plastic bottles they had said they'd provide.

Organisation of shower/toilet facilities were awful, showers closing at 4pm, cocktail bars outrageous prices, total scumbag trying to steal a bottle of water right out of my hands.

LIFE set a pretty high bar for me I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

we just went for Saturday night to watch our friends play in port royal, johnny pluse and the storm troopers of love, they killed it! we definitely won't miss nect year and will get camping tickets as early as possible :D vibe was deadly, crowd were a good age, wish I could remember more tbh, was a sorry mess leaving there Sunday!
    I lost my phone, hoping the lost and found will get back to me D:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I was massively looking forward to Jon Hopkins but thought the sound system was horrific. Bass was buzzing. Either that or my head was buzzing. Mount Kimbie was brilliant before him and I had no intention of seeing them at all.

I was massively looking forward to Jon Hopkins but thought the sound system was horrific. Bass was buzzing. Either that or my head was buzzing. Mount Kimbie was brilliant before him and I had no intention of seeing them at all.

That was a funktion one sound system in the midnight circus so the sound should have been way better, it was last year for jon hopkins thats for sure.
    I never thought i would ever say this but i thought the bass was too much in midnight circus and the main stage the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Just a little bit :)

Advertisement